Chapter one

Mohima then turns on the page of the diary and a picture fell of the little girl on the portrait. The girl was in bridal attire. From topor to alta, all made the little girl look like a girl trying to look like adult . But by the girls expression anyone could tell that all these ornaments and accessories were way too heavy for that little body. The cute face in that black and white picture made Mohima laugh.

Mohima : Yeh toh Misti didi ki tasbhir hain....

Then Mohima thinks of reading the old Diary but a servant comes and inform that her Sister-in-law Suhasini is coming to Rai bari in few days. So she goes to prepare for her arrival. The Sun sets and the moon lits in the sky. Mohima comes in her room to rest. A guard comes and informs that Sorbojit won't come to rajbari tonight. It's not a new thing for Mohima. Since they got marraied, Sorbojit never slept with her in the same bed. He either finds an excuse of work or sleeps on the Ottoman bed in his room. After Sorbojit's father Zamindar Sorotchandra Roy's death, Sorbojit became Korta (Head) of the Rai bari and Zamindar of Gouropur. So nobody dares to talk above him except his mother sometimes. After becoming Zamindar, Sorbojit gave Mohima a room of her own which she now sleeps when Sorbojit stays at Rai bari in night. Tonight, Mohima doesn't feels sleepy even after working whole night. So she goes to Sorbojit's room and locks the door and starts reading his "Sohochori"