Chapter 8 : Sohochori

The newlyweds were sat next to eachother to eat. Sorbojit was getting served by his mother-in-law while his father-in-law was getting nervous by thinking if Sorbojit would like the food. The meal wasn't that grand compared to the meal in Rai bari. But he didn't cared and started mixing the rice with the vegetable curry and started eating. Even though the meal wasn't that spicy, he could still feel the spicyness as he was fed too many sweets a while ago during ashirwad.

Haricharan : Khana kya zyada theekha ho gaya beta? Maine tumhe kaha tha na Binu khane main mirchi maat dena! Jamai babajibon ko adat nahi hogi theekha khaneki!

Sorbojit : Ji nahi! Khana bohut swadisht hain! Woh thodi der pehle zyada mithai kha li thi issliye thoda....

Binodini : Yeh loh paani pilo, Beta!

Saying that, Binodini handed him the glass of water and Sorbojit started drinking. While Drinking, Sorbojit realised his mother-in-law was glaring at the person next to him so he looked at the person whom next to him whom was non other than his newly wed wife gobbling her food like she will never get to eat again. She had food smeared all over her face. Sorbojit couldn't control himself and started laughing while still drinking which made him choke. Binodini immediately started patting his head while Modhumita stopped eating and looked at him and then started eating again. Binodini looked at her daughter and gave a cough, signaling her daughter. Modhumita looked at her mother.

Modhumita : Maine bhi toh puradin kuch nahi khaya! Bohut bhuk lagi hain mujhe! Ab kya shanti se kha bhi nahi sakti main?

Haricharan : Tujhe khanese kon mana kar raha hain,ma? Par jab jamaibabu khas rahe the tab tujhe unki madat karni cahiye thi na?

Modhumita : Aise mohish (ox) ke tarha pani piyenge toh gale main toh atkega hi.

Binodini : Modhu!

Binodini hissed which made Modhumita quiet and she started eating her cup of curd and sweets. Sorbojit said in his mind "Sare apman ka badla lunga main dekhna!".
Then he started having his meal again.

Binodini : Thoda aur mangso (meat) du tumhe [Sorbojit] beta?

Modhumita : [Coughs] Main bhi yaha hun! Maine bhi subhe se kuch nahi khaya! mujhe koyi kuch puch kyu nahi raha?

Modhumita said before Sorbojit could answer.

Sorbojit : Ji nahi [To Binodini] Usse [Modhumita] dijiye.....

Modhumita : Areh beta uski [Modhumita] baato ka bura maat manna. Woh hamesha se hi thodi thotkata hain. (plain spoken). [Looking at Modhumita] Neh! (Here,have it!)

Binodini said while serving some meat to Modhumita.

Modhumita : O ma! Apne maan ki baat bolnese thotkata bangayi main?

Haricharan : Maa [Modhumita] Aj teri shaadi hain...aj maa ke sath tark maat kar....

Modhumita poutted and looked at the other direction after hearing her Father's words. Soon, Sorbojit finished eating his food and was told to eat some sweets.

Binodini : Beta itna teekha khaneke bad thoda muh meeta karlo!

" phirse mithai! ", Sorbojit said in his mind cause he just ate tons of sweets in the ashirbad and just somehow finised his platter.

Sorbojit : Maaf kijiyega par main aur nahi kha payunga....

Binodini : Accha thoda yeh misti doi (Bengali Sweet Curd) hi khalo?