11. Distorted Fire

Heat rushed through your body once again. In the meantime, Alcina crouched and entered the room as well. Then she turned around and closed the door... locking it with a key afterwards.

You visibly tensed, which Alcina noticed, and she tried her best to alleviate that.

"I wouldn't do anything you don't want me to, Y/N. I could also unlock the door, but I simply prefer to be.. undisturbed," she chuckled.

Her comment visibly made you at ease.

Still feeling a bit awkward, you sat on the corner of the big, opulent bed. She followed you without hurry and took her place next to you.

You looked at each other with longing, and lust connected your lips at once. A wave of excitement went through your body as you hungrily kissed each other.
Her scent was intoxicatingly perfect, you wished to drown in it for the whole eternity.

A sudden rumble downstairs interrupted the heavenly moment and made you both tense in concern.

She sighed, "I'll have to check on this."

Without a slightest idea what would you do here alone, you followed her out of the room.

It seems like all the ruckus went from the library.

Alcina cautiously opened the library doors, only to find Daniela hastily trying to pick up some books around the fallen bookcases.

'Well, that explains all the noise,' you chuckled to yourself.

"Daniela?!" Alcina furrowed her eyebrows.

The youngest Dimitrescu looked absolutely guilty and embarrassed, which seemed rather cute to you.

"Uhm.. I'm sorry! I just accidentally knocked the bookcases off, I will fix this, I promise!" Daniela cried out.

"Enough of your excuses, daughter! Now go!" Alcina surely wasn't fond of the idea of her daughter tampering with the bookshelves any more that she did already.

Daniela looked gutted. She lowered her gaze and silently sobbed, but you felt the tension rising after each moment. Then, she lost her temper completely.

"Why are you always like that? Why won't you let me fix what I've done?! I'm not a child anymore!" she cried out.

While her mother was taken aback by such response, Daniela had no intention to continue as she dissolved in a thousand flies and left, leaving you and Alcina in silence.

She sighed heavily. "I need some wine. I'll have the servants deal with this later."

You followed your lady again. Soon both of you arrived to a small room upstairs, marked 'wine tasting room'.

[Music to play here: Anders Manga – Shiver]

You saw many wine bottles of various brands and tastes scattered around the room in an aesthetic mess, some of them resting on wooden wine barrels. Along with the subdued lighting and just as many intricate glasses placed on the shelves, this room created a unique and very intimate atmosphere.
Your cheeks slightly blushed as you noticed how close you were to each other, as there was not much space for two people.

Nevertheless, a tiny round table still found a spot in the centre of this room, with two royal-looking chairs standing by it.

Alcina swiftly grabbed a bottle and gracefully filled her glass with a thick, blood-red liquid, taking her seat by the table and offering you to choose from the two bottles she held.

"Left, or right?" she smiled devilishly.

You were taken off guard, and after an awkward pause you looked closer on each bottle she held. One of them, on the right, was marked with a well-known label which you have heard before and it was regarded as one of the best luxurious red wines in Romania.
The one on the left, though.. "Sanguis Virginis". A red bottle laced with intricate silver details. You knew it as well.

You sat back in your chair, switching your gaze between her beautiful face and her hands holding the bottles.

Some seconds passed in silence, and finally you breathed out and replied, looking her in the eye, "Left."

Alcina's face transformed in a pleasant surprise. "Well well... As you say, dear," she grinned as she filled your glass with the forbidden drink.

You took the heavy, silver-graced glass and looked down on the wine made with maiden's blood. It felt like holding their lives in your bare hand, and having the power to consume them with just a few sips.
There was something barbaric in this. Cruel. Predatory... Evil.
A perfect atrocity.

You brought the glass closer to your lips and drank all its contents at once.

Alcina's eyes slightly narrowed. "Aren't you full of surprises," she smirked.

A thick metallic taste filled your mouth and you coughed a bit from its intensity. You knew this taste well, but not in such concentrated doses. Then, a sweet-and-sour berry scent mixed with the thick metallic one, and together they created a truly splendid texture and palette. You felt immortal.

Alcina saw your enlarged pupils gaze at nothing while you were savoring that new-found delicacy.

You looked at her after finally coming back to your senses. "I get it now," you grinned, eyes sparkling in the dark.

The lady smirked in content. Following a small pause during which she seemed to be musing about something, she raised her glass.
"Welcome to castle Dimitrescu, Y/N!" she proclaimed and took a sip of her wine.

_________

Author's Note

Wow I feel so guilty for not following through with the story as I wanted to. It took me so much time to get back to writing, a lot has been going on in life.

Your votes, positive comments and feedback enormously helped me. Thank you so much people, love ya! 💜
I also accept ideas/wishes of what would you like to see in the future. I get to work much quicker when inspired. Add a comment here <3

Hope that you liked this chapter and hope I'll manage to continue this in a timely manner (I can't promise that tho 🙃).

picture credits: xKamillox / Twitter