❁ 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤𝐬 ❁

Gif from: Pinterest ( First thing that comes up when you search "fireworks aesthetic gif" )

Fluff
• K1ll1ng and k1ll1ng attempts
• Bad words
• teehee

Third person POV

"Oi!! Douma!",Akaza snapped, pulling the blonde away from the traumatised woman and her child. A man's lifeless body laid on the ground just a few inches before them in a pool of blood.

"What? What's wrong?",the demon said, wiping his bloody hands and nails on a handkerchief.

"Fuckin- ugh. Come on!"

"Wha- Hey! I can walk myself!",Douma resisted, flailing his arms around while pouting like a kid.

Regardless, the other didn't let go and continued dragging him by his collar away from the house and village deep into the forest which surrounded the area. Akaza let go and shoved him onto the floor.

"Owie! Why would you do that?",Douma wailed, wiping a fake tear.

"Tch. I told you not to eat women anymore! How many times do I need to tell you, idiot!! I thought you had a good memory!!",Akaza scolded.
"But-"
"No excuses!! If you keep this up, I won't get you dango later!",he added, crossing his arms.

"Okay! Okay! I'll stop! When are we gonna get it?",Douma replied, getting up from the floor.

The pink haired demon sighed and said,"Later. Now, let go of me asshole!"

"Can't we go now?",the blonde whined, holding onto his best friend's arm.
"Fine! But first we have to go back to the Infinity Fortress"
"Yayy!! It's a date!"
"Shut up, idiot"

They called for Nakime to send them to the Fortress and with the strum of her biwa they were at Akaza's room.

"I'm gonna have to change so stay out or go to your room,",the pink haired demon told the blonde while walking towards his closet.

"Okay! I'll be in my room!",Douma replied, walking out.

After making his appearance look human and changing clothes, Akaza knocked on Douma's room.

"You ready, Douma?",Akaza asked.

A few minutes after, he still hadn't receive an answer so he opened the door and walked in the room. He saw Douma laying on his bed, sleeping. The pink haired demon smiled softly and walked towards the other.

"Douma, wake up.. I have a surprise for you,",Akaza said in a quiet voice, shaking the blonde softly. Douma whined and opened his eyes slowly. He sat up and rubbed his eyes before turning to look at the pink haired demon.

"Hm?... Akaza?",Douma mumbled, not being used to seeing Akaza with a normal skin colour and no stripes.

"Yes, it's me. Come on. Let's go. I also have a surprise for you,",Akaza replied, standing up from his crouching position.

"Okay, I'm gonna change my clothes first"
"Make sure you wear something nice. But comfortable, of course. I'll be waiting outside"

After Douma got a change of clothes, he walked outside and went over to Akaza. They called for Nakime to send them to Douma's room at the Eternal Paradise Cult. With the strum of her biwa, they were in the said place. Douma got his money and walked out the room to the outside with Akaza. The members greeted them as they walked by dressed in colourful yukatas of different designs with wooden clogs. Douma was quite confused.

"Hey, what's the occasion? Is this the surprise? Is it your birthday? What'd I miss?",Douma asked, worriedly.

"Ha, no need to worry, it's not my birthday nor is this the surprise. There's a festival today. I don't know which, but there's one,",Akaza replied.

"Ohh, okay. I wonder what the surprise is!",Douma beamed while the other laughed at his excitement softly.
"You look and sound cute when you laugh, Akaza"

That last sentence made Akaza feel a warmth on his ears, face and neck. This was the first time someone complimented his laugh which he never let anyone hear unless it was to mock someone.

"Er- really? That's.. Thank you?",he stuttered, unsure of what to say. Now, it was Douma's turn to laugh.

"Ah... You also look cute when you're blushing, strawberry,",Douma added after his laughter died down. At this point, Akaza's ears, face and neck were as red as a tomato which was quite noticeable as he had really pale skin.

They finally got out of the place and was out on the path that led to the village nearby. They talked about many things before getting to their destination. The village was decorated beautifully and many people were there. There were also many food and game stalls. Douma's eyes shone with excitement as they walked over to the stall that sold dango.

Two hours passed and they were on a bridge eating while talking about random things. The moon was shining brightly and the stars were twinkling in the sky. Nothing was bothering them. Just them and the peaceful, beautiful nature. It was perfect. Suddenly, Akaza stopped talking. Douma didn't notice for a few seconds but when he did, he thought he said something wrong.

"Aka-"
"Douma... I- have something to tell you,",Akaza cut him off, looking away from the other. Douma's palms started sweating as he grew worried and nervous.

"Well... What is it?",the blonde haired demon replied.

"I realised a year ago.. I was- in love with you. I refused to believe it but I knew that soon enough, I would have to confess my love for you. I like you a lot, Douma. Will you be my boyfriend?,",Akaza confessed, turning to look at the other. Douma was at a loss for words.
"Ah- it's fine if you don't want to. I'm not forcing you"

"You- like me? I-... I like you too, Akaza! I will be more than happy to be your boyfriend! You were the first person that made me feel genuine happiness. You also made me feel love. Thank you, Akaza,",Douma responded, happily. Akaza smiled at him and held his hand. They enjoyed the silence for a while when the blonde broke it.
"Strawberry, was that the surprise?"

"No, silly. This is the surprise,",Akaza said followed by a firework display.

The two demons watched in awe as the dazzling fireworks of different colours and sizes illuminated the night sky. Akaza laughed as Douma pointed out which one he thought was the most fascinating one as they continued to burst in the sky. Akaza stopped laughing and shuffled closer to him. When he was just one inch away from their shoulders touching, the other noticed and wanted to ask about it.
"Akaza?-"
Akaza quickly leaned closer to his face and kissed him on the lips. Douma was shocked at first but kissed back. It was short but full of love. They continued watching the fireworks and when it ended, they went to Douma's room at the Eternal Paradise Cult to cuddle and talk with each other.

Word count: 1150 words