☾Replaced☽

. Angst and a little bit of fluff .
Requested by: @RedVelvetcookiem

Third person POV

It'd been a long day and Douma had just finished his dinner. He was walking towards the main room of The Infinity Castle when he heard laughing and chattering. He quietly opened the door and saw the uppermoons. Just as he was about to leave, he noticed another demon that he'd never seen before. The demon had white hair and light pink eyes.

"Did an uppermoon die?",he thought to himself. Why else would they invite a random demon here?

"Douma? Is that you?",Gyutaro asked, squinting at the door.

The blonde tried to get away but slipped instead and landed on the floor with a thud. Gyutaro opened the door wider and looked at the other.

"Uh- hi!... Gyutaro!",Douma stuttered, nervously standing up.

"You okay?"

"Yeah?.."

"Come in then!",Gyutaro invited.

Douma was about to deny his invitation when the other grabbed his wrist and pulled him into the room.

"Hey guys! Mind if Douma-san joins us?",Gyutaro said, sitting down on the tatami mat.

"Of course he can!!",Daki beamed.

Kokushibo and Akaza looked at each other before calling the uppermoons except for the unknown demon and Douma. The group whispered quietly and it sounded like they were fighting over something.

"But why can't Douma-san join us?!!",Daki accidentally yelled out loud.

Immediately, Gyutaro put his hand over her mouth. The group looked back at Douma who had his mouth hung slightly open.

"What?...",he managed to get out.

"Look.. Master has been planning to get rid of you and get Yui-san over there to replace you. We didn't mean to-"

"My lord was.. planning to get rid of me?..",Douma interrupted, something snapping in him.

"Yes but-"

"And you guys are allowing that?!!"

"Douma! We have no choice but to obey our master. Don't take this personally.",Kokushibo scolded him.

"What do you mean don't take this personally?!! I've been with you guys for as long as I can remember and you're just going to throw me out like that?!!"

The demons stood in silence before he turned towards Yui-san and ran towards her.

"Douma!",Akaza shouted, making Douma stop dead in his tracks.

"If master were to replace us you wouldn't say anything either!!"

The blonde was taken aback by this.

"But-"

"Step away from her!",Akaza ordered.

Douma listened and took a few steps back.

"I'm disappointed in you, Douma. You should know better than to attack people who did nothing wrong.",Kokushibo said.

"Well, you guys should know better than to replace a friend with a demon you barely know..",Douma mumbled under his breath.

"Say that again."

Douma whimpered and turned to Kokushibo. The room fell silent.