Chapter 4

Ava

It was like being like I was in a dream. More like a nightmare as my body moved at an inhuman speed.

It was late in the night. The streets were clouded in darkness. The lights in this part of town were very few except for the club's neon flashing lights coming into view.

Nicole made her money here. She would waitress here getting men to pay to sleep with her or buy drugs.

A coppery scent hit us. My chin lifted following the scent to a group of well dressed men. They stood by an alley passing around drugs. Each one smiling as they took it. It was that stupid blue immortal pill that Nicole would steal from the stash she was supposed to sell. The only thing that could give an immortal a real high.

The smell of blood came from two of the men in the group. They looked familiar and that's when my death flashed before my eyes. They were the ones that killed all those girls and me. From the smell of it, those two vampires must have just eaten and killed them after. So much blood was coming off of them.

Something inside me devoured all my thoughts and all I could feel was rage. It felt like a white heat burning me from within pushing me forward. No! Wait!

It was too late. I was across the street in seconds ripping the head off one of the men. The others jumped back and snarled. More red eyes came out of the alley way. There was ten of them...

Shit!

She snarled and the rage consumed me. I couldn't think. I was drunk off the feeling as we killed one after the other. Their claws scraped at our skin but it didn't phase us as we held one to the ground and squeezed his jugular cutting off his air. His eyes bulged and his vampire lost it's will to fight. Before I could kill him though, a hit came to the back of my head. Panic set in as I fell unconscious.

Kol

We got a call from Henry that he got a tip that there was a fight in an alley near the club we built as bait for Roman's goons.

The Equalizer that caught the a bit of it said that it looked like a group of ten or more against one.

Kaleb and I cursed. We knew in our gut it was her. Floki confirmed it as he scoffed from the backseat.

We pulled up to the location and climbed out of the car. It wreaked of blood. And there it was Ava's scent and small amounts of her blood.

"Fuck!" Kaleb's vampire exploded with anger and punched the brick wall causing a chunk of it to crumple to the ground.

My vampire raged inside me with worry and frustration. We need to fucking find her. Fast. We wouldn't be able to bare it if we lost her again.