Chapter 2 - The Immortal

Looking around the huge yard I can only see darkness. There was not even a moon light today. Pulling out my phone I switched on the flash light. Under the light I could only see the brick path leading straight towards the mansion. My heart started to beat faster. But this moment is not something I could go back. I have decided and too determined to change.

With slow steps I finally reached the door. On the each side was a corridor leading to darkness. I have come to this point. But this mansion is already closed for centuries. And now it's not like I can ring a doorbell and someone will open it from inside. I racked the door with my flash light. It looks tightly closed. But how can I stand outside all night? Shaking my head I raised my hand and touched the huge door. I don't know how to open this?

While thinking I heard a crack sound. And to my surprise the door suddenly opened itself. My eyes widened as I looked around. How come this door opened itself. Or did I suddenly developed any super natural powers to open it? I shook my head vigorously. What the hell I am thinking?

I took a breath. Okay, since it's opened then let's go inside first. But looking at the darkness, my heart is not settled. The rumours started to repeat in my mind. This is the hell of a scarry thing I have ever facing. I patted my chest light to calm myself. Let's do this Nandini. You can do this. I encouraged myself and lifted my foot to step inside.

Just as I stepped the darkness suddenly faded and the room lit up with light. My jaw dropped down. What the hell I am seeing? I looked around. The huge hall where a huge crystal chandelier hanging above shining brightly. At the corner was filled with curtains and small pearl styled light bulbs. At the center there was expensive sofa set with a glass tea table in middle and a beautiful rose flower vase.

There was a staircase at the left side leading upstairs and the stairs are carpeted. The first hall was so beautiful and exclusive that it feels like I have entered a heaven. Everyone says the Gaishal Mansion is the most luxurious one but I want to urge them to visit here and see by themselves what a true luxurious really called. Even after closed down for centuries, this hall seems like just cleaned to welcome a guest. Such a sight, I will never forget till I live. Truly amazing.

But how can a place which was not lived for over centuries could be this beautiful and exclusive? No one in the city dared to come let alone doing the cleaning and arranging things inside the mansion. I shook my head. But what all of this things got to do with me. I just needed to complete the task staying a night here. And for now I need to find a bedroom to sleep. The alcohol I drank started to work now. I looked towards the stairs and headed there. The carpet looked smooth and the texture was not something can be find this days. It was a old styled flower patters beautifully decorated.

"This place is really beautiful" I muttered "if I could live here, I will cut off all my ties with outside world" I sighed.

Living is really hard and sometimes I think of ending it. But at the end, the question roams in my mind- is it worth to die? And the answer is simply No. I can't die until I take down the mother and daughter pair on their knees begging for mercy. That will be the day, I will complete my revenge.

The upper stairs has three way to go. Each way lead towards the darkness. I couldn't even find the switch system so that I can at least switch on the lights.

"Which way should I go?" I looked around "I really needed to find a bedroom to sleep" I held my forehead which stating to ache.

This night is too long. I rubbed my forehead before looking at right side "may be this way I can find a room in that way"

Pondering for a while I stepped forward and instantly the corridor lit up with lights. I seriously want to know the electric system of this mansion. It's kind of super cool. Starting automatically when you go and then shutting down while empty. Now I can find a room for myself.