Chapter Four: Date

!! 18+ PLEASE !!

          I turned red and tried to act normal, "I'd actually love that, Steve."

          "R-Really?" he asked.

          I exhaled a laugh, "Is that too weird?"

           He shook his head, "N-No! I just, I mean, I didn't know if you'd be interested. I didn't want to cross any lines if it was too soon for anything like that."

          I laughed at his nervousness and punched his arm in the elevator, "It's just a date. We aren't dating. We're just, well, giving it a shot."

          He laughed sheepishly and leaned against the rail, "Right. I thought I'd be less nervous since I've known you so long, but if I'm being honest, I think I'm more nervous since it is you."

          I sassily put my hands on my hips, "Captain America? Nervous?"

          He rolled his eyes and tossed his shield to me, "Knock it off."

          I snickered and put it on my back, "Relax. I'm nervous, too."

          We went back to our apartment and put away our jackets and boots in the closet. He put away his shield and I sat on the couch to scroll for any possible dates for us to go on. Steve was easily identified in public but we had disguises. I wasn't as popular but Sergeant Barnes was being published again with my appearance in New York. Steve lifted up my legs to sit and put them back down on his thighs.

          "Any ideas?" he asked and leaned over to see my phone.

          I playfully pushed his head away and sat up next to him, "No. You?"

          "We could always go for a ride," he suggested and put his arm over the couch behind me.

          I leaned against him and tucked my legs up under me, "We could. Where?"

          He sighed and pulled out his phone, "I'm not sure."

          I laughed, "I wonder if other people struggle like this. Is it supposed to be this difficult?"

          He leaned away from me and was scrolling on his phone, "I have an idea but it's a surprise."

          I put down my phone and leaned to look, "I want to see!"

          He slid on his back as I kept trying to look, "Hey! It'll spoil the surprise."

          Before I knew it, I was on all fours over him, "Sorry."

          "I-It's fine," he said breathily and his phone was loose in his hand.

          His hand that was on the couch behind me was on my waist and I was breathing harder too, "Um, should I wait somewhere?"

          He dropped his phone and brushed my hair behind my ears, "If you want."

          "Do you remember that night?" I asked softly and pressed my forehead against his.

          His hand went from my ear to the back of my neck, "The schnapps?"

         I nodded and felt us getting closer, "Do you remember what I said?"

          "Did you mean that, Ro?" he asked softly, his thumb rubbing the back of my neck.

          "Every word," I whispered.

           He pulled me into a kiss and I reciprocated it. I moaned softly and let myself down on him. He kissed me softly and he sat up with me on his lap. I wrapped my legs around his back and he carried me to our bedroom. When he sat down on the edge of the bed, he took off my shirt and my hands slid down his neck into his. Our body heat was rising and he ran his hands down my back. He unclipped my bra while kissing my neck and I ran my hands through his hair.