Chap 14 "Forgiveness"

Steve's POV

We were all in the conference room as Ally walked in. "Ally," I looked at her.

"Hey Steve," Ally stated. "Can we talk?"

"Uhm, yeah," I nodded. Everyone cleared the room. "I don't think you'd actually come back."

"I didn't either," Ally stated. "I was actually worried about coming back."

"Why?" I asked. "This is your home."

"Actually Steve, this is your home. It's not my home," Ally looked at me. "I didn't want to believe it at first, but the only reason why I opened up to you, was because I thought you were someone I could trust."

"And you can."

"No, I can't," Ally sighed. "Not the way I used to, at least."

"Ally, you're my everything," I nodded. "I'm not going to be able to let you go because of this."

"Steve, I don't think a relationship is what we're both needing," Ally replied. "I'll only agree to come back if we can only be friends."

"I'll agree with that," I stated. "As long as I don't lose you from my life."

Ally's POV

"Okay," I nodded. "I gotta go but I guess I'll see you around." I walked out to everyone else. "Hey, Stephen, I need to go see my friends in LA." He opened a portal and I walked through. The portal closed behind me. "Why am I at a hospital?"

"Ally," Buck walked up to me.

"Buck," I stated. "Where's Eddie?"

"He's stuck in an ambulance with a prisoner," Buck sighed. "LAPD has the ambulance surrounded. They'll take it if they have to."

"No," I nodded.

"It's the only thing we can do if Mitchell doesn't surrender," Athena walked up to us.

"Kill the prisoner but also Eddie in the crossfire?" I asked. "There has to be another way." There was a gunshot and I turned around. "No."

"Eddie?" Buck stated. He ran out and I followed after him. "EDDIE! EDDIE!" We got outside and Eddie was doing compressions on a guy. "What happened?"

"He shot himself in the head," Eddie stated as he kept doing compressions.

"Eddie, he's gone," Buck sighed.

"But his heart is still alive," I pointed. "Get them to prep the OR. I think Eddie is thinking of a transplant."

"Got it," Buck ran inside.

"Ally, I need you to grab the gurney from the truck," Eddie stated.

"You got it," I nodded. I got the gurney out and we got the guy on it. The medical team decided to take over. Eddie and I decided to talk outside. "I ended things with Steve and I went back to the Avengers."

"I didn't want you to end a relationship if it made you happy," Eddie replied.

"I ended it because I knew a relationship wasn't what we needed," I looked at Eddie. "I just wanna live my life and enjoy it." A flash of light was seen next to us. "What was that?"

"I don't know," Eddie stated. I pushed a button on my watch and my gear appeared on me. "How?"

"Stark Industries," I replied. "Nano-tech." Natasha emerged from the tree lines. "Eddie, go inside."

"Not if something can happen to you," Eddie stated.

"I'll be fine," I nodded. Eddie looked at me and I nodded. He sighed and went inside. "Who are you?"

"You know who I am," Natasha stated. I pointed an arrow at her. "You wouldn't shoot your favorite aunt."

"Yes, I would," I replied. I shot my arrow and she caught it. "Because my real Aunt Natasha, she's dead." I shot another arrow and it went right through her. "Oh no."

"Does this surprise you?" Natasha asked.

"Kinda," I nodded. I pressed a different button on my watch. "I don't know who or what you are." I heard my team behind me. "Natasha was always my family, but you can never take her place."

"Hell," Dad stated. "She looks exactly like her."

"She's nothing like Natasha," I replied. "My arrow went right through her."

"We'll take her back to the lab," Tony stated. "To figure something out."

"Okay," I nodded. They left. Dad and Steve stayed. "Thank you for coming even after everything we've been through."

"Ally, you know I'll always come," Dad replied. "You're my daughter. I'll always come running when you send out the signal."

"And what about you?" I looked at Steve. "I know we haven't been on the same page for awhile."

"I came because you called," Steve replied. "We're all family and we put our family first."

"I thank you guys so much," I smiled. "I love you guys. I'm glad to call you family." Dad put his arm around me and hugged me close. "Thank you guys for always supporting me no matter what decisions I've made."

A/N: That's the end of this story my friends. I promise there will be more stories to come. I'll update the new story when I have the time. Happy Reading! Xoxo ~Alexis