9: Remus Lupin - N.M. Part Two

Warning! This is part two of two, and I'd highly recommend reading part one otherwise this won't make sense! Also there's a sizable age gap between Remus and (y/n), but please I don't want any hurtful comments!

House: Hufflepuff

- Remus' POV -

The interview went satisfyingly well, and I was looking forward to getting back to Grimmauld Place to tell (y/n) all about it. When I was there however, I realised that she wasn't. "Sirius, where's (y/n)?" I asked, seeing him sat in the drawing room with a copy of the Daily Prophet.

"She said she had to go into work," Sirius said but I furrowed my eyebrows.

"But the cafe doesn't even open today," I said and Sirius looked towards me, slightly confused.

"Then I guess I have no idea... she just told me she had work," he said. I just nodded and walked up to our shared bedroom, wondering where she could've gone. When I stepped into the room however, I almost had a heart attack at what I saw. Laid upon the bed was a note, along with the card Nova had given me with her number on. (y/n) must've found it and pieced everything together. I felt sick, immediately grabbing the note and hoping it told me where she had gone.

Remus,

I found this note from Nova Malkin in your jacket pocket, just before I was about to do a clothes wash. I'm sorry I wasn't good enough for you Remus, I'm sorry that you felt you needed to seek the attention of another woman to satisfy you.

I love you, so much, so seeing this and knowing you've been on dates with another woman hurts, a lot. I thought you loved me too but it seems that wasn't the case. Was I just someone to pass the time? Or was it that each argument we had about you supposedly being too poor, too old and not good enough for me was your way of saying you didn't want to be with me anymore but didn't have the balls to break it off yourself?

Anyway, whatever the reason may be, I can't stay at Grimmauld Place anymore. I've gone away for a little while as the thought of facing you right now makes me feel sick with both jealousy and heartbreak. I'll be back... I don't know when but I know I'll be back so we can end us properly.

I'm sorry I wasn't enough for you.

(y/n).

I felt my heart break in two. I didn't even know it was possible, but the pain I was feeling inside was intense. The woman I loved with every ounce of my body thought she wasn't good enough for me, due to one pathetic mistake I made. I understood how it looked from her point of view but I needed to see her, I needed to set things right and I needed her back in my arms as soon as possible.

I had hoped this was just one long nightmare, but the intensity of the pain I was feeling inside made me realise it wasn't. I had been a fool, a stupid fool who had been so easily sucked in by the flirtatious remarks of someone else. "Mate, what's wrong?!" Sirius' voice sounded, and I turned to see him standing at the door. It was then that I realised tears were falling from my eyes, and I passed him the letter (y/n) had left me. His eyes widened as he read each word, and I collapsed on the bed with my head in my hands, gripping onto my hair with anger.

I told my best friend everything. It was even painful to talk about, and each time I read the letter my heart shattered more and more. Tears kept on falling from my eyes, realising it was possible that I had messed up the best thing that had ever happened to me.

- (y/n)'s POV -

It was the first night in eight months I had spent without Remus, and I felt nothing but loneliness. I found myself crying multiple times, just wanting to go back to him. I missed the hugs he'd give me, the sweet kisses we shared and it had only been twenty-four hours. I had thought multiple times that I had perhaps over exaggerated, but every time I thought I couldn't help but think of the beautiful woman who gave him her number, him happily accepting. It was possible that they had already seen each other, perhaps whilst I was at work and that's what hurt.