Chapter 9

Katrina POV

I was laying in the pool. It felt nice to just lay here. Nobody bothering me and thats how life was before I was a demigod. I grinned, suddenly I saw a figure coming to me.

“NICO!!!” I cried, backing up.

“KATRINA!” He yelled back.

“What are you doing here?! You could’ve died if I hadn’t have put an air bubble around you.” I said, glaring at him.

I swam to him, and he hugged me. I hugged back.

“Are you okay? You seem tense.” Nico asked me.

“Yeah. I’m fine.” I managed giving him my best fake smile.

He looked me right in the eyes. He didn’t look convinced.

“We need to get back to the room. We possibly need to call Chiron… Ambrosia  and nectar won’t be enough for you.” he said, taking my hand.

“I want to stay here for the night.” I told him.  That surprised him.

”Why?”  He asked.

“As a daughter of Poseidon its easier for me to heal if i’m in water. Or at least it’ll give me strength. Some strength at least.” I said, with a small grin.

Nico still wasn’t convinced.  “At least come up for dinner and the meeting.”  He said.

I laughed. Though it was forced. “Alright. I will.”

Nico looked relived.  “Thanks,” He said.

We just stayed there enjoying each other’s company for a few minutes.  After a while I said, “Well, no time to waste then, let’s go!”

Nico grinned. We swam to the top. As soon as I got out of the pool I felt drained of energy. I nearly collapsed if it wasn’t for Nico. He helped me stand straight.

“Are you okay? You look like paler than me.” he said.

“I’m. Fine.” I managed.

“We really need to tell Chiron.” He said.

“No!” I cried, and immediately got dizzy.

“Why?” Nico asked shocked.

“I… I don’t want to worry him. Especially since Percy is missing.” I muttered, leaning against a chair for support.

Nico looked at me nervously.

“We have to tell him. Katrina if we don’t you might die… I don’t want to lose you.” Nico said.

I looked at Nico. He had tears in his eyes. I gave him a smile.

“No ones going to die on this quest Nico… I promise.” I said.

Nico nodded and looked at his feet.

“OH MY GODS!!! NICO YOU FREAKING SCARED ME!!!!” Annabeth stormed over to us. She held her hand up and slapped both of us. I staggered backwards. So did Nico. He glared at Annabeth.

“That wasn’t necessary.”

“You say that after someone you know can’t breathe water jumps into the pool and doesn’t come up for half an hour!”  She snaps back.

“Half an hour?”  Nico asked, surprised.

Annabeth still fumed, “Yes!  Half an hour!”

“Ummm…sorry.” Was all Nico could get out.

“I am so sorry. It was my fault. I didn’t mean to keep him underwater that long.” I said, getting dizzy.  

“Whatever… the others are waiting… let’s go.” Annabeth said.

We walked back to the apartment building. I flopped on the bed. I had a major headache. Plus every time I moved pain would just flood my body.

“So… Are we going to start discussing how to save Percy?”

“Theres antidote for vampirism.” Annabeth said. “It takes many weeks just to get it.”

“And how do you know this?”

She looks down  at her shoes and mumbles something.

“What did you say?”

“I said that I had a friend, after I ran away but before I met Thalia and Luke.  She… she was different” She said, starting to tear up.

I stared at her. Was this the girl she told me I looked like?  “Who was she?” I asked.

“You know her. I talked about her all the time.” Annabeth replied. I nodded. I knew it.

“Alex. Daughter of Apollo. Probably the only one who could find a cure for everything.” I said.

Nico looked at me nervously. I shook my head at him.

“Alex?” Tyson asked.

I nodded. “Yeah…” I muttered, a wave of pain washing over me.

“I think I knew her,” Nico mumbled.  

“So, where do we find her?” Maelan asked.

“She’s clear in Mexico… and I don’t think we can go by plane…” Annabeth muttered.

I nodded.

“It’s a bad idea for me to go in the air. Even though Zeus likes me more than my brother I don’t think he’ll like it.” I said, “If you want… I can take my pegasus… and you guys can go by plane. It’ll be easier that way.”

Nico stared at me. “Are you sure? I mean… you’re kind of in a bad state right now.”

“Nico. I am fine…. so just shut up.” I said.
Nico didn’t meet my gaze. I got to my feet and swayed a little.

“If you’ll excuse me… I’m going to the pool.” I growled, “You can tell me the plan later.”