Chapter 10

I watched as Katrina stormed out of the room. Wow. She did not look good.

"We have to find a cure for Katrina first." I said.

Nico nodded. "That gorgon blood is spreading faster than it should." He said.

Annabeth nodded. "She shouldn't spend the whole night in the pool. Think we should go back to camp?"

"It's too risky. She won't last long." Kylee muttered,

"Katrina is strong... she will make it..." Tyson muttered, looking at his feet.

"Yes.." I said, gently patting him on the back, "She will."

Annabeth nodded.  "She has to."

**********************

We slept at the hotel and woke up the next morning to get breakfast. Nico went down to the pool to get Katrina. I went with him.

"What are you doing?" Nico asked me.

I stared at him.  "I'm going to see if she's OK."

"I didn't ask for your help." Nico said.

"You never said I couldn't."

Nico growled and we stopped at the edge of the pool.  I could tell he had been looking forward to some alone time with his girlfriend. Nico dove into the water and I jumped in, not far behind. Katrina was still sleeping.

Even in the water she looked kinda sick. She was pale and the light shining through the water gave her a ghostly appearance. Nico gently shook her.

Katrina groaned. She turned to look at us. Suddenly I could breathe.

I grinned. "Pie." I said suddenly, meaning to make her laugh.

She didn't laugh she just shook her head.

"What are you doing down here Maelan?" she asked.

Man... she sounded like she was in a lot pain.

Nico knelt next to her. "He followed me. Are you okay?" he asked.

Katrina frowned at him. "Yeah..." she muttered, even though everyone knew it wasn't true.

"Let's hurry... we don't have much time today." Nico said.

I facepalmed. She was clearly not ok she can't be up and moving. Nico helped Katrina to her feet. We swam to the top. As soon as Katrina was out of the water she nearly passed out.

Nico caught her before she fell. "Are you okay?" He asked.

Katrina shook her head no.

"Could you allow your clothes to get wet and keep the water there, so it will keep giving you energy?" I asked.

Katrina looked at me surprised, "Huh, I never thought of that," She said, then smiled, "I'm surprised that you could ever think of anything that smart."

"Well, let's see if it works."

Katrina dove back into the pool and resurfaced soaking wet.  She seemed much better and was even able to keep the water from dripping too much.

"Better?" I asked, a smug expression on my face.

"Yeah... thanks... I would have never thought of that." she said, giving me a tired grin.

"That is why you are traveling with the supreme awesomeness that is me!"  I replied.

She just rolled her eyes and says, "Keep telling yourself that."