51

Rose stared at him in utter shock. She couldn't form the words to say anything. She had hope to never see him again. She never expected to see him here of all places.

"Surprised?" He says a bit amused.

All she could do is continue to stare at him.

"I'm sorry. It was never my intention to surprise you to the extent that you're unable to speak. Please take a seat," he walks pass her.

Rose looks back at Max, completely confused.

"You're the one who was behind this. The whole entire time?" Rose asks.

"Correct."

"Why? How?"

"I'll explain everything. Now sit," he says in a stern voice.

Rose looks over at Max and he slightly nods his head at her. She hesitantly walks over to the desk and takes a seat.

"I see you've grown to Max. I hope he's been treating you nicely...along with the rest of the team," he smiles kindly.

"He's the only one that's been treating with any form of respect," Rose says through clenched teeth.

"I'm sure that isn't true. My men surely have been treating you well," he says as he leans back into his chair.

Hearing him say that angered her. How could he even say that? She had been through hell the last 2 weeks. She lightly brushed her fingers against her abdomen and couldn't help but flinch at the contact.

Rose quickly stands on her two feet and looks at him with a disgusted look. He just looked at her questioningly.

"Treating me well?!" Rose hissed.

Her eyes were glowing and he didn't fail to notice. He looked at her in awe. He knew she was powerful but she failed to see it. He was making her powerful as the days go by and she nor anyone one could see it.

"You call this treating me well?!"

Rose's voice echoed through the room as she unzips her jacket. Expose her entire upper body, the only thing over her is the bra.

His eyes raked over her entire upper body. Correction, her entire upper body that is covered black, blue, green and purple marks. He only managed to find one area that wasn't covered in bruises. Her breasts.

He felt his whole body tremble. In utter anger.

"Huh?! This is treating me well?!"

He couldn't rip his eyes away from her body. He felt angry and even embarrassed that his own team treated her like this. Max looked at her with concern. He knew her showing him wasn't good and by the way he was reacting wasn't either.

Hell even he was scared. He never seen him that silent and red.

"Ramon!"

Ramon felt himself flench slightly at her tone. But he responded with silence. Rose was quick to notice his response.

"Answer me damnit!" Rose shouted.

"Who the hell did that?" Ramon said through clenched teeth.

Ramon felt his hands itch with desire to close around the neck of the person who was responsible. He wanted to kill the person who caused that. Rose noticed the cold and death look his eyes held. She felt herself shiver at how angry he looked. It gave her a bad feeling.

Before she even can respond with the name. The door bursts open and in comes Lizbeth. Rose quickly zips up her jacket, hiding the bruises. Rose looks back and can't help but roll her eyes as she sees her puppy tag along behind her.