ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 2| ʀᴇᴅ ʜᴀɴᴅᴇᴅ

*Note from author* starting at this chapter my story begins to unravel and progress darker, so again if you're triggered by the topics in the introduction do not continue reading. Thank you.

Content Warning: Violence, Mentions of Abuse

___

Each and every window is descended, chilled air flowing throughout the small vehicle. The blue flicker from Historias vape pen unveils, followed by a sweet strawberry scent. Clouds of smoke, drifting out of the windows and into the night air. My arms fold beneath my chin, resting my head against the aperture frame, the continuous breeze of cold air striking the side of my face.

These guys must live on the outskirts of town, I assume by the highway signs which read: 'Paradis Port Next Exit.' It's at least fifteen minutes away from campus, and it also happens to be one of the most luxurious places in town, considering how close it is to the beach.

After some time, we trail down an empty road. Captivated by the homes appearing before our eyes. This scenery is much different than what I grew up around, pretty cut lawns and dark green grass, bird baths, high end window seals, and huge double doors. It all seems so surreal, but I try to hide my exhilaration, I feel like a kid in a candy store.

"What do these people do for a living?" Ymir announces, a hint of excitement in her tone. I forget she was also raised in the lower middle class, the only wealthy person in this car is Historia. Her ancestors come from money, hell they probably bathe in it for fun.

'You've reached your destination,' The GPS calls out, and our uber driver pulls up beside the red painted curb on cue. We all sit on the edge of our seats, eyeing the mansion that stands tall before us. It looked like a house in Beverly Hills, nothing even close to our tiny apartment the three of us share.

We unfasten our seatbelts and climb out of the red Camry, thanking our Uber driver before he drives off, vanishing around the corner.

It's quiet for a split second whilst we admire the scenery, it seemed as if the entire house was covered in glass panes, I could pick out the sight of furthermore individuals inside. Most dancing, others making out. Messy strings of toilet paper sprawl out the tree branches in the front lawn, and the noise coming from inside adds to the stereotypical frat house theme.

We're way out of our leagues here.

"Hurry up." Ymir fills the silence, strolling up the long driveway. None of us entirely get along with the people in this crowd, let alone get invited to their parties. Which is why I'm surprised one of the players had a change of heart and invited Connie, there has to be a catch.

The party was already in full swing, haze and pot flowed throughout. The three of us pushing our way through the mobs of people, nearing the flooded kitchen. I watch as multiple people shake hands and high-five Ymir, I forget she's an athlete as well, she's bound to run into familiar faces here.

The kitchen isn't too hard to find, but it's crowded since most of the alcohol supply is in ice buckets on the countertops, In which Historia doesn't hesitate to reach over a brunette puking in the sink, popping open a fresh bottle of Hennessy. As she distributes it into three red cups, Ymir has already disappeared into the crowd, wandering over to converse and greet her teammates. Historia is glued right beside me, observing the horde of girls from afar. She may deny it when the topic is brought up, but Historia is the definition of a jealous girlfriend. Can't blame her though, Ymir is one friendly bastard.