CHAPTER 5| THE BASEMENT

The Next Day

Connie

---

She's here, alone.

Yelena usually visits with multiple Men behind her back to outnumber us, but not this time. She's is the only female drug dealer I know, the only good one. Who isn't afraid of anybody, put a gun to her head and I guarantee she won't even flinch. Zayn lets her in and she doesn't hesitate to target the sofa, making herself at home like she pays the bills around here.

"We got caught up dealing with some bullshit," He tosses the duffle bag of cash on the coffee table, she crosses her legs and leans back, peering down at the bag with a devious smirk on her face. "Water?" She speaks in that excruciating deep accent of hers, clearly unamused.

It's always like this, like she wants to be fed grapes with pet tigers and shit. Treated like royalty, acting like each of her customers are her own personal servants. Zayn already knows the routine, so he heads for the kitchen and comes back with a bottled water. She takes a long and awkward sip, then places the bottle down.

"I heard you got raided," She's ready to talk now, fingers folded on her lap.

"They didn't find anything though, they aint got shit on me." I respond truthfully.

"I hope so." She smiles, Zayn and I stare blankly from across the table, after all we're the only ones who know how much is really in that bag. She doesn't know anything just yet. But it's more than obvious, she has an idea.

"Why do you boys look so nervous? I came to negotiate... Start talking."

"Aight, but first I gotta question, and you can't lie to me." I answer, Zayn looks over at me, waiting on what I have to say next. I know he doesn't want me to bring it up anymore, but it's now or never.

"I bought the necklace from you..."

Yelena lifts a brow, "Ok? Where are you going with this?"

"Where'd you get it from?"

She smiles that same devious smile again. "That's irrelevant."

"To you maybe, but not to us." I reply, when I say that I mean Zayn, and Y/n too. We gotta pay the consequences for whatever fucked up shit she got caught up in, and I demand answers.

"I discussed this with you already. Didn't I?" Her entire mood changes, now she seems pissed. Since I've known her, Yelena's always had a short temper. It's like dealing with a ticking time bomb, just waiting for it's time to be up.

And she's right, we did talk about it, but she never told me where it was from originally.. the deal was, I buy it off of her for an even 70 bands. Then in return she gives me product... Now that I think about it, sounds like a fucking scam. But that was the week of Y/n's birthday, and I know she lost the chain her dad bought her when she graduated high school. So I replaced it, not knowing about all the baggage that came with it.

"Did you steal it?" Zayn takes over now.

Yelena knows something we don't, I can see it in her eyes, the silence gives it away.

"Are you fucking serious? you set us up?!"

"You fell for it, there's a difference." She verifies my suspicions, making it known the necklace Y/n has, is in fact Floch's families missing chain after-all. I fucking knew it. I shouldn't have trusted her so easily. I just put my entire fate in her hands, now everyone thinks i'm a criminal.