Chapter 14-Drunk

Jake's POV

I came out of the bathroom to see that Sloan was no longer sitting at the bar.  I scanned the room looking for anyone I recognized.   I saw Josh and Danny holding a conversation with some people so I made my way over to them. 

"Hey did you see where Sloan went?" I asked Josh, still looking around for her.

"Yeah I saw her taking Sam outside a couple seconds ago, he wasn't looking too good." He replied slightly laughing. 

Typical Sam, drinking too much and other people having to babysit him, I thought as I pushed my way through the crowd to get out of the door.  As I stepped out I froze, my jaw clenching shut, my body filled with rage as I saw Sloan pushing Sam away from her.  He had been kissing her.  Without a second thought I ran and tackled Sam to the ground.   I struggled with him for a moment before ending up on top and punching him in the face.

"WHAT THE FUCK" I yelled, my voice raspy because of the volume and sheer anger behind my words.  I had never been so mad in my life.  She was MINE, what the fuck did he think he was doing putting his hands on her at all, let alone kissing her.  Sam said nothing but struggled trying to push me off of him, I wouldn't budge.  I grabbed his shirt in my fists, my knuckles turning white from how hard I was holding it, "What the hell is your problem thats my girlfriend!" I screamed getting closer to his face as he turned away slightly. 

"Guys stop" I heard Sloan say as she grabbed my shoulder, but I was seeing red, I pushed her off of me not really thinking and continued struggling with Sam.  Next thing I knew I was being pulled off Sam and pushed back almost falling backwards, still a little drunk.

"What the hell is going on?" Danny said, his hand against my chest holding me back. 

"Sam kissed Sloan" I yelled, all the air pouring out of my lungs as I said it. Josh and Danny looked at him in shock.  I was starting to lose anger and feel pain.  Sam had betrayed me.   I stared at him as he wiped the blood coming from his lip, I felt no remorse.   

"Come with me, now." Josh said in an angry tone taking Sam's arm and dragging him down the sidewalk away from me.

"Keep your fucking hands off my girlfriend!" I yelled after him, Danny still not letting me pass. 

"Jake will you shut up before someone comes out here and hears you." Danny hissed at me,

"What are you taking his side?" I said

"I'm not taking anyone's side, If I was it would probably be Sloan's." He said annoyed at the whole thing. Oh my gosh, Sloan.  I looked around to see her nowhere in sight.

"Where is she?" I asked frantically looking down the street

"Well last I saw you pushed her off of you and she took off towards the bus." He said motioning towards the direction the bus was in.  I had pushed her? I didn't even remember doing that.  I would never hurt her on purpose ever, I had to go find her and make sure she was ok.

Sam's POV

I sat at the bar drinking my tequila shots.  I had already had enough but in my mind the more I drank the less I felt, and I didn't want to feel anything.  All day I had been seeing Jake and Sloan all chipper and in love and it was torture.  I glanced over at her as she sat next to me, Jake not attached to her hip for once. She looked as beautiful as ever, her long silky hair tucked over her shoulder as she sipper on her drink.  I couldn't help but want her.  I couldn't have her though, I thought as I looked back behind the bar.

"Another round!" I yelled to the bartender pushing my empty glasses to the edge.   He brought them over and I quickly sucked down 2.

"Maybe you should slow down there Sammy," Sloan said softly as she slid the rest of the shots away from my reach.    Please I was fine, I felt nothing and it was great.