Part 16

Jughead gets up from under the bed
J: Jeez that was a close one
B: Yeah it was.
J: So where were we?
B: As much as I would love that, I can't walk at all without pretty much screaming so I'm just gonna rest
J: Baby, I'm so sorry to break it to you but the parade starts at 2, and it's 12:30pm, and I'm imagining you are gonna take a long time to get ready.
B: Yeah, that's fair. Plus I told them I'd be there at 1:30 so I only have an hour to get ready.
J: Alright I better go, see you at the parade.

Meanwhile at the Pembrooke

V: Alright Reginald, I'm almost ready I just have to cover up my hickeys, and we'll be good to go.
R: We don't have to be there for an hour
V: I know but we can stop at Pops first.
R: Sounds good.

1:30pm the parade

Al: Alright guys thanks for coming early ,people are starting to arrive. We have half an hour before the parade starts. Cheryl and Fangs I want you to make all the big floating animals are ready. Betty and Jughead I want you to go supervise the people that have already arrived and people who are gonna arrive and let them in 2pm on the dot not a second earlier or later. Veronica , Reggie and Kevin I need you two to do some last minute setups.
Toni, Tabitha and Frank we need to get ready to talk. Archie are you ready for your speech?
A: Yeah Mrs Cooper.
Al: Ok good. The council will go up and take turns speaking and addressing what's going on at that time in the parade bring out special guests. Archie then you'll have your speech.
Then we'll do everything else. Um the barbecue we'll start at 3 then all the kids can jump on jumping castle. Everyone will go home at 5 then we will all have our special dinner at 7. Ok team go!

Over at Betty and Jughead.
J: You look so beautiful Betty, I wish I could touch you.
B: Me too Jug
J: I love you.

Over at Cheryl and Fangs
C: Hey Fangs
F: Don't speak to me.
C: Ok I know you're mad you and Toni are getting a divorce.
F: Because of you!
C: Whatever Fangs.

1:55pm

Over at Veronica, Reggie and Kevin
V: Did you all get that text by Jughead, saying not to tell anyone about anything that happened last night?
K&R: Yeah
V: Oh, ok
K: Last night was wild.
V: Yeah I ag-
A: Ronnie I need to talk to you.
V: Ok, give me a second boys.

2pm
Ta: Welcome all to the third annual Riverdale Rebirth Parade, I hope you all an amazing time.
People talk and a bunch of parade stuff happens
Archies speech
A: Hi everyone, thanks for coming out here today, I remember after serving in the army for seven years coming home to see Riverdale ruined by Hiram Lodge, my first instinct was to fix it, but I couldn't do it alone which is why I'd like to thank Frank Andrews, Alice Cooper, Tabitha Tate, Toni Fogarty-Topaz, Fang Fogarty, Jughead Jones, Reggie Mantle, Veronica Lodge, Cheryl Blossom , Kevin Keller and most importantly the love of my life Betty Cooper. If it weren't for this I wouldn't be dating Betty, I love Riverdale, I love the people and I love Betty so um Betty could you do me a favour and come to stage please?
Betty confusedly walks to the stage
A: Betty I love you more than life itself , you are it for me and that's why
Archie gets on one knee
A: I want to spend the rest of my life with you.
Betty starts crying
A: Elizabeth Cooper will you do me the honour of being my wife?
B: Yes! Yes! A million times yes!!!!
Betty gets up and kisses Archie deeply and the whole town cheers, well most the town.
Jughead and Veronica are very confused
Not too long ago:
J: You look so beautiful Betty, I wish I could touch you.
B: Me too Jug
J: I love you.
B: Juggie come over here
They walk away so no one can hear them
J: I don't want to take things slow and just hook up. I want all in with you and I understand if y-
B: I love you too baby.
J: Really?
B: After the dinner tonight I'm gonna dump Archie, then we can be together.
J: I love you so much
B: But just until then try and keep your hands off me.
J: I'll try

Over at Veronica and Archie
A: Ronnie, I need to talk to you
V: Ok, give me a second boys

They walk where no one can see them.

A: Hey
V: What's up
A: I love you
V: Woah Arch, listen I just broke up with Reggie and I think me and you are just over
A: Listen Ronnie, I love you so much that I will do this
Archie gets on one knee
V: Oh my god
A: Veronica Cecilia Lodge will you marry me?
V: Archie, y-
Parade starts
A: Fuck, ah parades starting. Bye Ronnie
V: Oh uh bye.
Present time
So the question is why did Archie propose to Betty? And why did she say yes?