x.

𝐅𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐏𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐖 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐎𝐎𝐑 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐈𝐋𝐁𝐄𝐑𝐓 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐄𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐃. She closes the door quietly as its still dark and the siblings are still sleeping. The original places her back against the cold wooden door before slipping down it and pulling her knees into her chest, her heart feels like its going to explode inside of her body and her breathing in uncontrolled. Mascara is dried under her eyes in little droplets and her hair is a mess. Her jeans are ripped more then before. 

The black haired girl lets her head fall back onto the door and turn sideways cooling her rosy red cheek. Her and Klaus ran all the way too Chicago before they realised that they shouldn't keep running from Micheal when the two are strong enough now to take him on, he is just a simple vampire and they are more then that. Vampires, werewolves and a witch, their twin bond is stronger then ever and its about time they stood up too him. 

The two had to make a stop just outside of Mystic Falls for Klaus to calm Florence down as a panic attack was developing. They spent around 2 hours hidden trees in the depths of woods, They had too move again when Florence set fire too a patch of trees with just clenching her fists in anger. 

The girl looks at her hands that are covered in dry blood from something she doesn't remember, honestly, the night before has just been a blur. They shake uncontrollably and look even skinnier then before. In the night of running she lost her rings and earrings somewhere and the only jewellery that made it out was her crescent necklace. 

Placing her hand too her heart, Florence can feel it beating harshly against it. Elena walks slowly down the steps pulling her hair into a high pony tail, its almost pitch black but some light comes from Jeremy's room where he is awake drawing in his notepad. The Gilbert looks over at the door before being taken by surprise when Florence stands up quickly, her eyes wide slightly. 

"Florence?" Elena whispers, jogging down the rest of the steps, she flips on the light switch and the original comes into sight. Elena can see she is a mess but continues towards her, "You didn't come home last night. Why?" The mikealson just shakes her head, looking down at the floor.  "Hey, talk to me."

"I ran, I was, I am, really scared." Florence admits, pinching the bridge of her nose and then looking back up and giving Elena a tired look, her eyes look so exhausted and drained and her eyes gloss over. "I'm just so tired of running and crying so much, I just want to be normal, to be happy and not have to run from my own step father."

The original falls back down the door, hiding her face in her hands. Elena sits down next to the girl, touching Florence's knee. "Florence, you need to open up too me more. Talk to me, please."

"All I want, all I fucking want is for my twin brother too actually give two shits about me. I give him everything he wants and he gives me nothing in return, its been 200 years since he's properly hugged me. I had a panic attack last night and he just rubbed my arm and told me too calm down. All I want is for him to hug me, to comfort me and actually talk to me. But its like he loves me one second and hates me the next, he has killed me twice in the space of 3 months Elena. I just want him to hug me, that's all I want right now, and tell me how its going to be okay and he will make sure I'm safe." 

"But all he wants is his stupid Hybrids so he won't feel alone but I don't want him too be alone, I want to be there for him and I know he hurt you horribly last night but he is still my twin brother Lena and I love him more then anything that is alive in this world. I hate him for hurting you but I know he will protect you now, when your in a deathly situation he will protect you. For his own benefit and mine, mainly for his hybrids but for me too. Your my anchor and too us, that means more then actual love." Florence cries, dropping her head back against the door.