Chapter Two

Once I got home, I went inside and ran upstairs to my room. I plopped down onto my bed along with my stuff and sat there for a second. I reached for my phone on my bedside table and called my bestfriend Kayla to tell her about my horrendous day. Kayla goes to the same school as me but I didn't really get to see her today since I came in so late. We talked for about an hour and then I told her goodbye so I could start my homework. I started my homework at around 4pm and ended at 6pm. By the time I finished, my parents got home. My parents get home late because my mom is a nurse and my dad is a mechanic. Sometimes when they get home really late, I have to cook dinner for myself. My mom made me come downstairs so I could help set the table for dinner. For dinner, we had chicken and rice. All three of us talked about our day and I told them about mine. Besides the Marissa and Kyle situation. If I did talk about that, it would've went to a different topic and my dad would probably start saying I'm too young to date even though I'm 17! After dinner, I helped clear our plates and I did the dishes and took out the trash. After that, I ran upstairs and took a shower and got ready for bed. I watched TV until 11, then told myself I needed to go to sleep. I tried and tried but I couldn't fall asleep after everything that went down today. Eventually, I fell asleep.