Chapter Four

I carried on with my day talking to Veronica for the rest of it. In 7th period, we exchanged phone numbers and went home like normal. Once I got home, my parents were sitting on the couch, which was unusual. They never get home this early. Sometimes my dad will get home around 3 or 4pm, but definitely not 2:30pm. I put my stuff down, and went right up to them asking why they were home so early? They ignored that question and said they know about my little secret because the principal emailed both of them. I told my parents that it was never a secret and I never told them about Kyle because I knew they would make a big deal about it. My parents then asked why did I get into a fight? Like they didn't already know from the email? I told them the exact situation and how Marissa walked up to me and hit me for no reason. All I was doing was protecting myself. My parents thought that was no excuse and told me to go to my room. I told them that I was 17 and they couldn't make decisions for me that are not illegal or terribly bad. I didn't listen to anything else they said and I stomped up to my room. Clearly pointing out that I was pissed. I called Veronica and decided to tell her the entire situation about how it started and how it's going right now. She was really the only person I could talk to besides Kyle, but that would just be weird if I told him to control his girlfriend. I didn't even worry about doing my homework and I ordered food to eat because I didn't want to eat whatever my mom made. There was no way that I was going to go downstairs and sit with them. Once the food arrived, I got it off the porch, and ran back upstairs to my room. I ate it while watching TV. Soon after, I got ready for bed, and fell asleep.