Chapter 16 -- Him

Flash.

"Oh my god, thank you guys so much! Oh my god!" The girl cried.

"Hey, don't worry about it. Thank you guys for coming out." Ashton said, trying to soothe the crying fan.

She nodded and said something, but I couldn't understand because her hand was covering her mouth in an attempt to stop her crying. So I just nodded like I understood. Luke wrapped his arm around her shoulders to give her a sideways hug to soothe her, but it seemed to do the opposite. Finally, security came to ask the girl to move forward and she did; after many more "oh my god"s and mouth covered mumbles.

Wow....

"I've never seen someone react like that." Ashton whispered to us once she left as we waited for the next fan to come up.

"I know, that's crazy. Do you think it was good or bad?" I asked. I hate thinking that we don't make the fans happy...

"I don't know, I mean I think it was good.... At least... I hope it wasn't bad... I hope we didn't make her cry." Luke mumbled.

My mind started to drift away and tune out Ashton and Luke's conversation. What is it.....? I've had this bizzare feeling since I woke up this morning. Something is bothering me. It's like something important I'm forgetting. Something about today. It keeps nipping at the back of my mind every chance it gets. I feel nervous, and it's only getting stronger. It's as if after every picture or fan we meet, it pokes at me, to taunt me, and I can't figure what it is...

"Wait, where's Michael?" I wondered, suddenly noticing a lack of color in our huddle. I looked and found our green hair guitarist standing at the stairs looking over end of the stage.

He turned back at us and ran over smiling, "She's here! I told you!"

"What?" I asked.

"Marvel! I remembered we met her here in LA, and I guessed she'd come."

"Who?"

"Kristen." Ashton answered me.

That.

I felt a spark go off in my head as all the wires in my mind reconnected and everything flowed out at once. I felt a million different things at once, and I couldn't make out much to figure out which to react to first. But one thing I could feel for certain, was nervous. I was fucking nervous. Why the fuck am I nervous? I'm meeting a fan. A freaking fan. I have no reason to be nervous. I'm just meeting a fan, that happens to have a name, that I happen to know. No big deal.

"I don't know how you could have forgotten, you watch her videos like, everyday with Calum." Luke pointed out to Ashton.

"I know, I can't believe I forgot. Actually, we haven't been watching that many recently. They haven't uploaded much in the last few days." He replied.

Speak for yourself.

Is this nervousness? I'm not even sure. Is it nausea? Maybe I have to puke. That'd suck. Maybe I just need water. But I can't just walk off now, we're in the middle meet and greet. Maybe it'll pass. Hopefully.

"KRISTEN!" Ashton suddenly screamed.

Shit.

From the circle we were standing in, Ashton and Luke were facing the stairs, while Michael and I had out backs to them.

Ashton shot his hand up to wave them over, and I could see Michael turning around.

Suck it up, you bitch. I️ told myself.

I took a deep breath and turned around.

She was different.

Mostly stunning. I mean stunned.