Chapter 1 pt 3

Kiyoharu: "Why are you looking at me like that?"

Y/N: "Oh...uh, no reason."

Nozomu: "And so, y/n... I look forward to working with you."

Y/N: "Right! Same here."

(Given the situation, it sounds like I'll need to be ready too!)

Rui: "By the way.. There's only one bed in Masa's room. Did you end up sleeping together?"

Y/N: "What!?"

Rui looks at me with wide eyes.

Y/N: "Uh, Um..."

Suddenly I flash back to Mr. Sakura's naked body.

(Gah...)

Kiyoharu: "...You're turning much too red."

Nozomu: "Judging by how deeply you're blushing, something special must have happened."

Rui: "But it was pretty quiet next door..."

Y/N: "Hmm......"

Rui: "Then again, she seems awfully satisfied."

Nozomu: "So, spring has come for Naomasa at last..."

Naomasa: "Don't say that. It's disgraceful."

Y/N: "Hey, what's that supposed to mean?!"

Naomasa: "Doesn't it make you feel bad too? Having them say things about you and some person you have no interest in?"

Y/N: "!"

(Twice now he's said he has no interest...! Even coming from someone who's practical a stranger, that's still kind of rude...)

I'm speechless, my Mr. Sakura ignores me and turns to the chief.

Naomasa: "I'll look into this man's background."

Nozomu: "Good. See if you can find Jack too."

Naomasa: "Of course."

Nozomu: "And that goes for all of you, not just Naomasa. I want you to use all the time you can spare to help him."

The chief looks to see that they all nod, then turns to me.

Nozomu: "As for you, y/n...Until now we've managed to get Jack under our protection...and catch the man in the photo with him, at least one of us will have to be guarding you at all times."

Y/N: "Okay..."

Kiyoharu: "That means don't do anything on your own."

Rui: "Basically, you should never leave this building. Even when it comes to things like shopping, you should ask someone to do it for you..."

Sakuya: "I can't do it. Make sure to ask someone else."

Rui: "Well, I think she may have a hard time asking you, Saku. She is a girl, she'll have certain needs."

Sakuya: "Wha... Hey, wait a minute. What do you mean, 'certain needs'...?"

Rui: "What are you blushing for? Pervert."

Sakuya: "!?"

The conversation goes on without me, despite my being its chief subject.

Y/N: "H-Hold on a minute! I have a job of my own..."

Nozomu: "Yes, I know. I'd like you to avoid as much work as you can, but when you must go out be sure to take someone..."

Y/N: "Yeah, right, but...In that case...In that case, is there anything I can do to help?"

Nozomu: "You?"

Y/N: "Yes, me. I'm used to following people, and I'm good with a camera."

Nozomu: "A camera..."

Y/N: "And...I'd like to have this case solved quickly, so I can go back to my normal life."

Nozomu: "..."

The chief is considering my offer when Naomasa, seated next to him, looks right at me.

Naomasa: "Thank you for offering to help, but we have all the people we need. There's no reason for you to get involved in this."

Y/N: "!"

After his rude statement, Mr. Sakura stands up.

Naomasa: "I'm heading out."

Nozomu: "Naomasa."

Naomasa: "Yes?"

Nozomu: "Take y/n with you."