Chapter 1 pt 5

Later on that day

-Naomasa's Room-

I finish dinner and head back to Mr. Sakura's room. We'd spent the day learning about manufacturers that Mr. Sakura had made a list of the day before.

(I should be used to gathering information by now. Why do I feel so exhausted? Maybe it's because I know I'm being targeted. That had me nervous, and now I'm tired...)

I try massaging my calves.

(Wow. they're super tight...More importantly...)

There's still only one bed.

(Am I really going to have to sleep like that again?)

Naomasa: "...You go to bed first."

Mr. Sakura is on his way out as he says this.

Y/N: "Huh? Where are you going...?"

Naomasa: "I still have some work to do. I'm going to go take care of it."

(That's just what he said last night...)

Suddenly, the events of this morning spring back into my mind.

Y/N: "Um...If you could just, you know not..."

Mr. Sakura seems to already know what I'm about to say. His face remains expressionless, but he goes on.

Naomasa: "...Yeah, I got it. I had you give me back my pyjamas anyway. It won't happen again."

Y/N: "And, uh, if you even have a blanket for the floor or something. I could sleep on that..."

Naomasa: "Unfortunately, that's all there is. You'll have to make do."

Y/N: "A-Alright, then..."

*BANG*

(...He's gone.)

Y/N: "I think I'll take a shower before I get ready for bed..."

I take out the pyjamas I bought at a store we stopped on at while investigating today.

Later that night

(Mr. Sakura sure is late...)

It's been about two hours since he left, and he still isn't back yet.

(I guess I will just go to bed first.)

*Click*

Y/N: "Oh... Welcome back."

Naomasa: "Thanks....Were you about to go to bed?"

Y/N: "Yes."

Naomasa: "Sorry, but can you come with me?"

Y/N: "Huh?"

-Dark room-

Mr. Sakura takes me forcefully by the hand and leads me to another room.

(What is this place...?)

Mr. Sakura opens the door with his free hand, and the inside is pitch black. Instinctively, I try to free myself, but Mr. Sakura is still holding onto my arm. He drags me into the room and then suddenly lets go.

Y/N: "Um, Mr. Sakura...!"

I turn around, and find Mr. Sakura standing much closer than I thought he was. Surprised, I try to leave again, but once more he takes hold of my arm.

Naomasa: "..."

Mr. Sakura brings his face closer and closer to mine, and my whole body goes rigid.

Naomasa: "Are you...okay with this?"

Y/N: "!?"

To be continued...