Chapter 5 {Sophia's POV}

The dance room was fine I guess. All the other girls thought it was some big deal, but I've seen bigger. When they all saw me, they didn't seem surprised. I am a prodigy after all. "Okay dancers," said Miss Molly, "I am soso excited to have you all here. I have a very good feeling about this team. I'm sure you all know each other, so I don't think we need to introduce ourselves. Let's just start. Not to copy this from Abby Lee or anything but I am going to have your pictures arranged in a different formation each week. They will be arranged by which dance you are going to be learning. You'll catch on." Ugh. So much talking. I saw 3 little formations. One just had 2 pictures covered up. The next had 3. The last one had just a single picture.
She pointed to the first grouping: the one with 3 pictures. She ripped off 3 thin sheets of paper to reveal Chloe, Autumn, and Jordyn's faces.
"The trio. It is going to be a fun, sassy, jazz dance. The song is entitled 'Try me.'" Miss Molly said as the three girls hugged each other.
"The duo is..." she ripped off the paper to reveal Maddie and Kalani's faces. The girls were really excited. I was the only face that hadn't been revealed. Must mean I have a solo.
"Now you see one more piece of paper," she said while ripping off the top layer. "Sophia will be our soloist. I chose her because of her amazing flexibility and flawless technique." Nothing I haven't heard before. I pretended to be surprised and honored. I'm the best one here and I know it.
"There will also be a lyrical group dance, entitled 'Gone.'"