Chapter 6 {Autumn's POV}

The first night at the dorms was great. Sophia and I caught up since we last hung out. The second night was different. After we started learning the group dance, she was acting so cocky. She kept telling me I had horrible feet and how I should use the same stretches as her so I can be as flexible as her. Maybe she's always been this way and I never noticed. I try to be nice back but sometimes it's really hard and I snap.
We only know the first half of the group dance so far, but I absolutely love it. I think it really showcases each and every girl. It starts with Kalani. She does a gorgeous firebird leap, and when she lands, she does a layout. She brushes her hand across her face and looks to Maddie, who is just entering the stage. She does some pique turns, then a front aerial to join Kalani. Each girl gets an 8 count to show off their best tricks. We then join and dance together. It's so beautiful. I feel really bad for Jordyn though. She's not as good at lyrical. She's just so used to hip hop. She's trying really hard though, and I guess that's all that matters. We have another month before we compete, so she'll have it down by the end.
Friends wise, I've been talking to Kalani and Jordyn a lot. They're both super sweet. They're so supportive. When Sophia was badgering me about my back flexibility, Kalani told me not to worry. Sophia was born with hyper mobility in her back, so she didn't have to work for it at all. I actually have to stretch every night, and that's what Kalani calls a 'good dancer' she told me. I really appreciated her kindness. With a friend like Kalani, I might really enjoy this summer. I just have to ignore Sophia.