Chapter 2 {Chloe's POV}

Sitting on the plane ride on the way to California was so exciting. I was going to be dancing with the best of the best. I was talking to my mom when I heard "Chloe!!" I put my head into the aisle so I could see who was calling my name. Was it..? It was!

"Maddie!" I yelled pretty loud. I ran up to her and we asked Melissa to switch spots with me so I could speak to Maddie and she could talk to my mom. I found out that Maddie was going to the same place I was! BELIEVE dance studio to dance on the best junior elite competition team! I was so excited to already know a girl that was going to be there! This was going to make it so much easier. My mom waited until the very last minute to tell me, so I was so excited. "So do you know anyone else on the team?" I asked her.

"No. I really wish they told us, but I guess this is more fun to not know," she responded.

"Agreed," I nodded. The rest of the ride we chatted about dance. After the show "Dance Moms" ended last month, I left Abby's studio. I was going to take a month off, then go to a different studio. Well, I found a new studio. Or they really found me. I got really lucky there.

"Prepare for landing." Maddie and I giggled. Landing is the best part. After takeoff at least.

Wow. The airport was so pretty. They had tons of windows and gift shops, and it was so fun. Goodbye cold Pittsburgh weather, hello California heat. We took a cab with Maddie and Melissa, and finally arrived at the dorm rooms next to the studio. BELIEVE was a new dance studio, and it was for dancers who would spend the summer or even year there. They really make stars. We walked into the lobby. Goodness. This place was nice.

"Maddie and Chloe, you'll be in room 33. Third floor. Here are your keys," a tall lady said.

"Were roommates!!" We squealed. I felt like a celebrity. They were expecting us. They knew our names! I'm gonna love this. The elevator doors opened and we ran in. When we got to the third floor, we bolted to room 33. Once again, it was nice. There were 2 queen sized beds, a fireplace, a couch, a bathroom, and a kitchen space.

"No cooking!" My mom said. Maddie and I exchanged a devilish look. The moms just laughed. As Maddie and I set up our beds and closet, we talked about who else might be on this new team.

"Do you think any other girls from our studio?" I asked.

"I'm not sure. I know neither of the Hylands are, and I don't think Nia or Kendall," she responded. I missed Paige. She was my twinnie. I guess I have to learn how to move on.

"Sophia?" I asked.

"Lucia? She definitely got offered. I really hope she took it. She's amazing," Maddie answered. We guessed a few others, until we had a pretty good idea of who was on it.

"All junior elite competition dancers, please come to the meeting room on your floor," an announcer said. The meeting room was right next to ours so we were the first ones there. We stared at the door waiting for another member to walk in. The first girl wore a hat that covered her face. She slowly took it off.

"KALANI!!!!" Maddie and I screamed. We gave her a hug and started jumping up and down. This was gonna be awesome.