Chapter 1 {Maddie's POV}

"MADISON!"

"Ugh" I muttered under my breath. What does she want?

"Maddie you're gonna be late!" My eyes shot open. Today was the day! I would fly to California and meet the rest of my new junior elite competition team. When I heard the news I was at Abby's studio. My mom interrupted the class and she had such a huge smile on her face while she told me. I thought Abby would be upset that I would leave her, but she was thrilled.

"This is what happens when you work your butt off. Maddie deserves this and I couldn't be more proud," she kept telling the other girls. I'm going to miss Abby and the other girls, but this was such a great opportunity and I couldn't pass it up.

"I'm up! I'm up!" I yelled as I ran into the bathroom. I brushed my teeth, put my hair into a nice neat bun and did light makeup. Today was going to be a fresh start, I had to look nice.

After saying bye to my little sister Kenzie and my dad, my mom and I hopped into the car so we could get to the airport on time.

When we arrived at the airport, we got to our gate and sat there for a good half hour. My mom kept telling me to make sure I had everything. I would be there for the whole summer, after all. I practically brought my whole closet.

"Flight 93, get ready to board." The dance studio payed for my flight, so we got first class: first to board.

The flight was pretty boring. I watched a movie, slept, and talked to my mom.

"I'm excited," I whispered to my mom.

"I'm so proud of you honey," she whispered back. I was really happy my mom flew out with me. She was gonna stay for 3 hours then go back, but it was comforting.

"Wait, is that Chloe?!?!" I half screamed to my mom. "Chloe!" I shout-whispered a few rows behind.

Chloe turned her head around and then saw me. "Maddie!!!" She said a little too loud. She got up and walked over to where I was sitting. Since chloe and I wanted to talk, she switched spots which my mom. "Where are you heading?" She asked.

"I'm going to Cali for the new junior elite comp-"

"ME TOO" Chloe yelled. Why hadn't she told me?

"My mom waited until TWO nights ago to tell me, and I was too excited to do anything but pack!" She exclaimed. The rest of the flight we talked about the randomest things and just laughed together.