Chapter 9 {Sophia's POV}

I miss my dance friends. The girls here are too peppy and annoying. They keep asking me to do stuff and I'm sorta getting the memo that they don't like me. I know I come off as antisocial and stuff but I really do want to fit in. It's difficult spending so much time with people who get on your nerves. Nighttimes are free time away from them, so when I heard we had to go to a carnival I was angry. I wasn't having any fun until a girl came up to me and said "oh my god I love your shirt where'd you get it??" We had a little conversation after it, then I met all of her friends and joined them. Autie, Chloe, Kalani, and Jordyn seemed annoyed. Maddie left everyone for some boy, why can't I go with some new friends? We've been together all night and I'm actually enjoying myself.
"We're gonna get going," said Georgia, the first one I talked to.
"Now? It's only 8!" I said, wanting them to stay.
"Uhhh it's 10:30 Sophia," said Michaela, another new friend.
"WHAT?!?!" I looked again at my phone. 8:00 it read. Georgia and Michaela showed me their phones. 10:30. CRAP. It's been a few weeks and my phone still hasn't adjusted to the time zone!! Better yet, I had tons of missed calls and texts from the girls. I've been having so much fun I didn't even look at my phone!
"CRAP I GOTTA GO!" I yelled to the girls. I ran.