Nothing

Aaron sat in what was supposedly his room on the bed. He had no idea how it looked and almost nothing to do, as many activities included sight.

He wished he could know what it looked like. Melissa said it was red.  Whatever that was. He had faint recognitions of colors, so he knew a bit. But it's not like he needed to know them.

The most that he could see were faint outlines of objects. So he could tell when a person came in, but it was much harder to tell who it was. He pretty depended on scent and sound. But he could tell if it was Melissa just by her outline, as she visited him most.

Aaron's best activity included scouring his brain for memories. One thing that stood out to him was a girl named Shu. The memories he did have of her were online. He didn't remember after his sixth day at high-school. But he practically knew no one personally except his parents and sister. And from the memories, he didn't particularly like his parents. Melissa was alright.

His sister cared for him, that was apparent. She'd been nice to him for most of his childhood. As for adulthood and being a teenager, he didn't know much. It infuriated him that he had a huge blank spot in his memory.

Aaron wondered if he could contact Shu again. Did she know anything about the blank spot in his mind? If anything, he just wanted to talk to her. She had been so fun to hang with and talk to.

Aaron's ears perked up as he heard footsteps walk to his door. Turning his head, he noticed his sister's faint outline coming into the room. She walked over and sat next to him on the bed.

"How are you doing little bro?" Melissa asked, placing a hand on his back.

Aaron sighed and flopped his back onto the bed. "As good as a dude can be when he has a big gap in his life. But I guess I'm just dandy."

Melissa looked at her brother with pitty covering her face. She felt bad for both him and Aphmau, with one not remembering the other. It was mental agony for Aaron, not knowing what he's forgetting, and for Aphmau, remembering what was promised to her but knowing it may never happen.

"You can complain Aaron. I'm not stopping you." Melissa said sincerely. She couldn't tell if it was a good or a bad thing that Aaron was blind. The heightened emotions he was feeling would probably turn his eyes red normally.

That was a problem. Would his eyes turn red since they were permanently cloudy? Or would they? If they did, would they work? If they didn't, did they still turn people but the color just couldn't change? Maybe they were like normal human eyes now with no changing. Or maybe they were still the eyes of an Ultima.

Aaron just growled. "What did I do the years I can't remember? Who am I forgetting? Should there be something I should remember? Where is Shu?" He sat up quickly, facing Melissa with a hard frown in his face. "And where is Mom and Dad? I know that they stay at work so much, but I haven't even heard something like a note from them."

Melissa dreaded all of those questions. She had answers for all but who Shu was. Aaron had been secretive during his tween and teenage years due to their father's scrutiny.

"I'm sorry you're feeling this way Aaron. I really am." Melissa apologized. She deliberately avoided the questions. "How about we go out to eat? That might make you feel better."

Aaron shrugged his shoulders. He didn't remember going out much when he was little. In the collective memories he had currently he could count on half a hand how many times he'd gone out to eat. "Sure. I guess. Can, we go to Olive Garden?"

Melissa nodded, although he couldn't see it. It was just a bunch of moving lines. "I suppose. Is there a specific reason why you want to go there?"