Charm and Parakram

I'm starting this just for fun, none of my other series are discontinuing. Sorry for MoRan, SidSa and KoEzi fans....there will be mostly no romance here. I will include it in my other series tho. I cannot promise accuracy here because I have no idea how ranks etc work in Parakram...so I'll just make some up 

~~~~~~~

Today was a special day. All of Karan's dreams were coming true. He was getting into his dream academy, Parakram SAF. This was where his brother, who was currently serving in Punjab had received his training.

The academy was way bigger than he had imagined, it gave off an aura of magnificence, grace, glory and sacrifice.

He had already packed his bags, bid goodbye to his family- Barkha Bhabi, Param's wife. He now stood waiting in front of the office. Watching the other recruits around him, silently observing each of them.

All of them seemed serious, scared, determined or overconfident. Only one of them stood out, who was....showing off to the girls...? He looked around Karan's age.

Karan smiled, ridiculed by his antics. There was a flood of girls around him, most of them were not even here to be enrolled. The guy, who was in the centre of the small mob, stood there smiling and trying to be charming. To Karan, he looked ridiculous.

The boy turned around , catching Karan looking at him. Karan quickly looked the other way. He looked back for a few seconds. Then he dismissed the girls with the same charm that he had attracted them before.

The moment Karan turned, the boy was beside him. Karan cringed internally. Why was he here?

"Hi." The boy waved to him, he stood an inch or two shorter than him. Karan just looked at him and raised his hand slightly.

"I'm Faizuddin. Aur aap?" He asked, extending his hand towards karan.

"Karan. Karan Shergil." He replied.

"Aap bhi yaha academy join karne aaye hai. Kyu?"

"Mere bhaiya army me hai, aur mujhe desh ke kaam aana hai. And you?"

"Oh...role models...Cool. Mai yaha hu because...I wish to serve the nation." He replied, flaunting his charm again. Karan looked at him, raising and eyebrow. The boy's charm deflated at once.

"Okay. Full transparency. Hume guns pasand hai. Aur humaari ammi chahti hai ki hum desh ki seva Kare, humaare abbu jaise."

"Bas?" Karan asked again, looking in the boy's eyes, enjoying pulling his leg.

"Aise kyu dekh rahe ho? Batata hu! Ladkiyo ko men in uniform...handsome lagte hai..." he replied, obviously a bit embarrassed.

Karan chuckled slightly.

"Vo chodo, tum ye batao. Dikhte achhe ho, height lambi hai..fashion sense...bekaar. Girlfriend hai?" Faizuddin asked, observing his attire- a simple grey shirt and black Jeans

"Nahi...lekin mere fashion--" karan asked almost offended.

"Ruk jao. Tumne ladkiyo se kabhi baat bhi nahi ki."

"Haan lekin--"

"Chalo hum sikhaate hai."

"Ruko...lekin--"

Karan's words fell on deaf ears as the boy dragged him over to the small group of girls that he had been the centre of attraction of a while ago.

And of course, Faizi never managed to teach Karan.