BSP 7

Sorry for the short part, but my exams are approaching and the parts might get smaller and smaller till 13 Jan. 

~~~~

Karan and his team had reached the base at Chandigarh. The platoon was ready, the backup teams had taken their positions. The sky had already darkened.

Karan exited the temporary meeting hall. He was ordered to begin infiltration by 0200 hours. They had half an hour more to go.

Rahil sir had gathered the troops along with Faizi. They were assembled just outside the tent, waiting for their leader to order them.

Karan walked and stood next to Rahil sir.

"Kya order hai Shergil?"

"Sir 0200 hours pe infiltration, target se 18 feet door chota pedo ka patch hai. Backup udhar rukega. When the mission is accomplished, hum flare light kar denge. Forty five minutes me bahar nikalna hai. Narcotics department aur anti-terrorism squad dono backup ke liye present hai. Abhi nikalna hai. 5 minute ka rasta hai, jeeps ready hai?"

"Haan."

"Troops?"

"All set."

"Kisi ko neend aa rahi hai?" Karan asked smiling at the commandos.

"No sir!" They replied energetically.

"Kab aayegi?"

"After the mission is accomplished sir!"

"All set to leave?"

"Yes sir!"

"Good. Rahil sir, aap jeeps load karaaiye, mai abhi aaya." Karan said, walking to a silent area, away from the bustling camp. Taking out his phone, he dialled his family, smiling.

"Hello chachu..."

"Hello Baby, kaise ho aap?"

"Mai to achhi hu, aap batao, aap mission pe ho na..."

"Haan...mai bhi achha hu, mumma theek hai?"

"Sab theek hai chachu, aap ye batao, aap mission pe papa se mile?" The girl asked excited. Karan's smile lowered a bit, a light sinking feeling in his chest.

"Yes...yes. Mai.. mila papa se. He's doing a very good job..." he lied, a little uncomfortably.

"To papa ghar kab aa rahe hai? Mujhe unhe dikhaaya hai ki mai bhi unki tarah March karna seekh gayi hu!" The girl almost squealed. As happy as Karan was, guilt ebbed at him.

"Beta...abhi...abhi papa ko thoda time lagega, papa chale jaayenge to yaha..country ko protect kaun karega...we can meet him next year, right?"

"Oh...okay. I understand...lekin Chachu! Aapko pata hai! Mumma ne aapke liye special cake banaya hai!" She said, her joy toning down a little but then coming back again. Karan felt a little happy everytime he imagined her smiling over the phone.

"Achha? Kaunsa flavour?"

"Butterscotch! Aapka favourite! Aap jaldi se aa jao, fir we will cut it together!"

"Yes..." Karan smiled wide.

"Aur aapko pata hai chachi...." their talks continued till the moment he sat in the jeep, and if his duty did not call him, he could have talked to her forever, always trying to keep her happy.

~~~~~

Karan stood in front of the warehouse with all four of his teams. They had almost blended in with the shadows. He raised a closed fist, indicating them to hold.

The feeble lights were still visible in the warehouse. If he paid close attention, he could hear voices too.

Clutching his gun, he signed the teams to go to their respective positions. Rahil sir gave him a slight nod, wishing him luck. Soon the soft rustling of the dry leaves died down. Karan looked behind him, his team was ready.

(Really sorry I have no idea how Army convos work...please excuse my crappy version here..."

"Teams Alpha and Delta are in position, are Charlie and Bravo at their stations, over?"

"Yes sir, over."

"Alpha heading for target, over."

"Copy that, over"

He cocked his gun and signalled his team to move. The three teams walked in stealthily and simultaneously, unknown to the occupants of the building.