Chapter 6:Busted

Pump's eyes turned cyan(Pump's eyes turn cyan when he's scared)and he shook in fear.

Christina:I thought I told you to stay at home,young man.
Skid:Wait,you weren't supposed to be outside?!
Christina:And who are you?
Skid:Me?
Christina:Yes,you
Skid:I am Skid,who are you?!
Christina:I'm-
Susie:She's a jerk who abuses her own son.
Skid:ABUSE?!
Susie:Yes,the woman your looking at has been abusing Pump for 2 years!

Christina looked at Susie with anger and slapped her face,leaving a mark.Skid and Pump gasped in shock and horror.

Christina:How dare you show such disrespect!Weren't you taught how to respect your elders?!
Susie:I only respect elders with braincells!
Christina:You little-
Susie:Plus,it was also a good distraction.
Christina:Distraction?

Christina looked behind herself and saw that Skid and Pump were gone.

Christina:WHAT?!WHERE DID THEY GO?!
Susie:Does it look like I know?
Christina:Your so gonna pay.
Susie:Pay for what?I'm 13,I don't have money.And if you try to hit me,I'll tell my mom what you've been doing to Pump and what you've done to me.

Christina was very furious but she knew that she couldn't take it out on Susie otherwise she(Susie)would tell her mom.

With Skid and Pump

Skid held Pump's hand and ran,he didn't know where he was going to,all he knew is that it was far away from Christina.
Skid saw a valley and let go of Pump's hand and decided to stop there and rest.Both Skid and Pump layed on the grass.

Skid:I think we're safe now.
Pump:Why?Why did you do that?You could've just left and not get involved.
Skid:Do you really think I'd leave you with that abuser?No way in heck.
Pump:I-thank you.I don't know how I'm gonna pay you back.
Skid:You don't have to,your friendship is all already worth it.
Pump:Friends?
Skid:Yeah!We are friends,right?
Pump:I've never had a friend before.
Skid:Well you do now.

Skid took on the candies from his basket and gave it to Pump.

Skid:Friends?

Pump took the candy and took put another one from his pocket and gave it to Skid.

Pump:No,best friends.

Skid and Pump smiled at eachother.

Pump:Hey,look up.
Skid:What is it?
Pump:The stars,they're so beautiful.
Skid:Yep,mom and I usually see them when we're out for picnics.
Pump:I've seen them before but only when I'm inside my room and by myself,now I have a friend to see them with.
Skid:You know,I'm really glad that we met eachother.
Pump:Agreed,if it weren't for you,I would probably be in my heck I used to call a home.
Skid:Best friends forever?
Pump:Best friends forever.

Words:446