EIGHT

"Babe, why are you still up?" Michael asks from the doorway of the living room. He's wearing boxers and one sock.

Jenna looks up from the keyboard with dark eyes. "Why're you still up?"

"My bed felt empty." He states, rubbing an eye.

"I wrote a song that definitely fits Morgan's vibe." She yawns, pointing at the pad of paper surrounded by crumpled sheets and eraser shavings.

He yawns back, dropping himself on the couch next to her. "Come to bed." He says groggily, his voice makes goosebumps show on her body.

She hums but it turns whiny when he starts kissing her neck. "Stop it..."

He reaches up and takes the claw clip out of her messy blonde hair to run his fingers through it, knowing how that makes her feel. Her belly starts burning and she bites her lip.

Michael sits behind her, his hands start massaging her shoulders then slowly move down her arms then her side, her hips then thighs. She bites into her bottom lip harder, her eyes stuck on his hands as they lay there on her exposed thighs a little too innocently.

He slides one hand behind the waistband of her shorts, the other up under her shirt.

"You look stressed." He whispers huskily against her neck, his hot breath fanning over her damp skin.

"I- I'm not- I'm-"

"Shh..." He presses a firm kiss to her neck before pushing her shirt off her body, her nipples hardening at the cool air. He runs his hand over her breasts as the other keeps moving slowly better her thighs.

"Michael, I-"

He suddenly flips them so she's pinned to the couch. He swiftly covers her mouth with his hand. "I thought I told you to be quiet." He says, his lips barely moving. "You're gonna close your eyes..." He pulls her shorts down her legs. "Shut off your mind..." He starts pushing into her, his other hand still covering her mouth. "And give into me."

Her phone starts going off.

"Son of a bitch." She mumbles, pulling away. "What the-? Hello?"

"Hey, I just got the song you sent me." Morgan says on the other end. "And I love it!"

"Oh- that- that's good." She breathes when she feels Michael's hand moving between her legs again. "Fuck... can we talk 'bout this in the mornin'? I'm kinda-" She gasps then shoves Michael's arm away. "Busy."

She doesn't even listen to his response as she hangs up on him, dropping her phone to the floor.

Jenna presses her hand hard against his chest, pushing him down to the couch to straddle his hips. He smiles tiredly up at her, his hands resting on her thighs again.

+++

"Girl, since you left me, been tryin' to forget we, ever became what we were. And I poured some whiskey on places you kissed me, tried to wash off all the hurt. But ain't nothin' workin', I've lived
out the words in a thousand old sad country songs. But whenever I try to move on..."

"This song is good, Jenna." Joey says, turning the volume down as Morgan sings in the booth.

"Thanks." She smiles back. "And thanks for lettin' me record the piano for it."

"You got some talent. You just aren't confident in yourself." He states, knowing she needs to hear that. "You have the talent, you just need to believe in yourself."