Content Warning and Copyright

Content Warning

This story contains explicit sexual content as well as some instances of strong language.

There are general themes of Victorian illness and death throughout, as well as mentions and descriptions of industrial accidents.

Full content warnings

- Discussion of the loss of a parent due to suicide

- Thoughts of a depressive nature

- Pregnancy and pregnancy complications

- Infertility

- Loss of a baby at birth

This work is based on the novel North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell. The book is in the public domain and the use of the characters created by the original author falls under fair use. The author of this work does not claim ownership of any characters created by other authors that appear in this work.

The following work is not intended to be nor marketed as an official sequel to North and South. It is a work of fanfiction only and is not affiliated with nor endorsed by Elizabeth Gaskell, Sandy Welch or the BBC. This book is not intended for widespread commercial sale; it is an independently bound copy of a fanfiction that remains free to read.

Claudia Lomond reserves the right to be recognized as the author of A Life Together. This work was originally published on Archive of Our Own and fanfiction.net under the username darkpartofmydestiny.

Copyright 2021 Claudia Lomond

Cover design by La Ultima Vertebra

Illustrations by Lana Dang