Part 1 Lunch

went to the lunch room. The first thing I saw was Sam and his new girlfriend, Wendy. Sam used to be my boyfriend till we broke up. Wendy used to be my best friend until she went behind my back and kissed Sam at the dance. I thought Sam loved me.

I learned he doesn’t.

I walked over to the nerd table (yes, I am a nerd). I sat down right next to my new best friend Bryce. Bryce is a boy, even if some people find it strange that we’re such good friends and we aren’t dating.

I find it strange, too.

I mean, I know he like-likes me, but why doesn’t ask me out? Is he too scared to ask me out? Is he worried that if we break up we can’t be friends anymore?

I like-like him, too, but the boy asks the girl out in my school.

He started to munch on his sandwich. “What class do ya have after this, Bryce?” I asked. “Science. It’s a Tuesday. I always have science after lunch on Tuesday.” he answered. “Oh, no! A Tuesday! I have gym after this!” “Haha! That sucks for you!” Being nerds, we love educational classes. And we HATE gym. “When’d you have gym?” I asked him. “I don’t have it today. I miss it because I volunteered to help set up decorations for the prom.” “Didn’t we have a dance two weeks ago? You know, when Sam cheated on me?” “Oh, yeah. Sam. Right. You dated him.” “Yeaaah....” “I need to go. You know, to science.” “Okay. See ya.”