Chapter 2: The Pilot

Elaine, Henry and Julia arrived at a large, white house and they head through the gate and up the walkway, Henry looked up at Elaine, "Please don't take us back there," Henry said.

"I have to. I'm sure your parents are worried sick about you two," Elaine said.

"We don't have parents. Just a mom and she's evil," Julia said.

"Evil? That's a bit extreme, isn't it?" Elaine asked.

"She is. She doesn't love us. She only pretends to," Henry said.

Elaine leaned down and smiled softly at them, "Hey, kids... I'm sure that's not true," Elaine said.

A woman, Regina, opened the front door and rushed towards Henry, Julia and Elaine with a man, Sheriff Graham, who stood at the doorway watching them, "Henry! Julia! Are you okay?" Regina hugged them and looked at them, holding their arms, "Where have you two been? What happened?" Regina asked.

"We found our real mom," Henry said and ran into the house with Julia

Regina looked at Elaine, "Y-You're Henry's birth mother?" Regina asked.

"Hi..." Elaine said.

"I'll just go... Check on the children. Make sure they're alright," Graham said and walked into the house.

Regina took a deep breath and smiled at Elaine, "How would you two like a glass of the best apple cider you've ever tasted?" Regina asked.

"Got anything stronger?" Elaine asked.

♥✨♥✨♥✨♥✨♥✨♥

Elaine was inside Regina's house, in the parlour, waiting for Regina who walked in with two glasses and poured out the cider, "How did they find me?" Elaine asked.

"No idea. When I adopted them, they were only three weeks old," Regina handed her a glass, "Records were sealed. I was told the birth mother didn't want to have any contact," Regina said.

"You were told right," Elaine said.

"And the father?" Regina asked.

"There was one," Elaine said.

"Do I need to be worried about him?" Regina asked.

"Nope. He doesn't even know," Elaine said.

 He doesn't even know," Elaine said