Self-Defense!

So as carl was running out of the house he knew he had to do something about his friend getting arrested cause he legit committed a murder! So as he was sprinting to his friends house to warn him there was someone walking normally and was going towards Phedionmatober's house so he punched him in the eye and kicked him in the stomach and then pushed him back so he could fall on the ground in pain but little did carl know that he would be a suspect too! So he runs to Phedionmatober's house and warns him, he says he already knows and everyone is in fear he couldn't go back to school after that cause they know that they would get him so they just sat there..........................................................................THEN HE LOOKS OUT OF HIS WINDOW AND SEES SOMEONE LAYING THERE UNCONSCIOUS! HE ASKS CARL HOW THAT HAPPENED AND THEN REALIZES "I did that..." AND THEN SOMEONE WAS GONNA CALL THE COPS CARL WAS GONNA GO TO JAIL TODAY! 

*25 minutes pass* 

The cops arrive at the crime scene the man's heart stopped beating so then carl was gonna leave the house but then realized HE HAD BLOOD ON HIS HANDS?!?!?!!!?!?!???!!?! So the cops didn't mind it for a while but then decided to look...they soon arrested him Phedionmatober was obviously so surprised but couldn't say anything or else he would get arrested too! so he just stayed quiet and watched as his best friend sadly got the hand cuffs put on him, all carl could say to help himself was..."IT WAS SELF-DEFENSE"