Chapter 6

Lavinia's pov

I blinked my eyes several times trying to adjust to the complete darkness around me, the spell I used was for teleportation but I tweaked it a bit to send me somewhere I didn't know so I could not easily be followed. Maybe tweaking a master level spell was a bad idea I can't see a thing I was still standing but it was far to dark to see anything so I reached out my hand. I could feel the tips of my fingers brush against a cold rocklike surface.  I winced a little feeling a sharp rock nick the tip of my finger, the tug on my soul from the three men were very very feint. Taking a sigh of relief I held my palm up and uttered a spell "luminous" a small but bright ball of light burst from my hand revealing my surroundings to be a dark cave.

"Hm..not what I was expecting maybe I tweaked the spell too much..."

Hugging my sweater tighter I explored the cave in search of anything of use

Hugging my sweater tighter I explored the cave in search of anything of use. A drip echoed through the silence if I was going to stay here I would need water so I followed the sound. My shoes scraped across the rough rocky ground, it was quiet enough for me to hear my own heart pounding with anxiety.  The reality of what my future was far to overwhelming with the pressure of being a head witch being bad enough I had to get away from it all. I didn't even get to meet my birth parents either or learn much about them, a tear dropped off my chin as I felt my eyes water up. After what felt like hours of walking I came to the entrance of the cave "oh what luck!" Quickly running full speed for the little bit of light I saw I suddenly hissed in pain feeling an almost slicing pain through my arm. I stopped and looked but no cut was present, confused I got outside and breathed in the fresh air deeply. The cool night welcoming and comforting, extinguishing the light in my palm I took in my surroundings.

I was smack in the middle of a forest tall pine and oak stood all around me, the clearing I stood in was maybe an acre wide to each end of the tree line. The wind danced along the green grass and a few owl hoots could be heard in the distance this will make the perfect hidden home I sat on a flat rock and thumbed through my spell book. I knew there was a conjure cottage spell in the back clearly created for emergency survival thanks gran my great grandma had to be looking down on me with grace, seer that was the special ability the cruise family line had, mithe head witch's seer ability was the strongest and most accurate. The cottage spell made me wonder if gran foresaw my situation and created the spell for me.

I felt a small smile form on my lips as I read the spell and held my palm up. Nothing happened I couldn't even feel the magic flow out it just bubbled below the surface unfazed. "What the hell? Come on." I rechecked the book for instruction and noticed a side note be sure to gather wood and bark along with cat tail fluff otherwise spell may not work I sighed and understood, can't make something out of thin air thankfully I was surrounded by wood. I got to work gathering sticks and logs being careful not to use magic all for the heavy lifting.
Gathering all needed material I cast the spell once more feeling the flow of magic attach to the materials and begin to build themselves into a cozy cottage. Feeling a small wave of dizziness hit I made my way into the cottage and got a fire going to warm up and settle for the night. This would be home for awhile until I could figure this whole mate thing out.