Chapter 4

Damian's pov

I had gotten to my pack just in time to prepare for a rouge attack that happened a day later, my return aloud us to hold our land. Thankfully no one mentioned anything about me not finding my mate but I had only been back for a week and was already missing her. I was able to keep a mental image of her to help me sleep but during the day I had so much to focus on with pack business that it would slip away. As I sat at my desk looking over the pack finances my beta came in "Alpha Damian do you have a minute?" I looked up from my desk with a small smile "Of course Lincoln I always have a minute for my second in command." Lincoln walked in with a sour expression usually he was quite chipper "Alpha some of the pack members are concerned for you the last few nights you've been howling in your sleep, loud sorrowful howls. Maybe you need to see the oracle again."

I mentally questioned Drake 'have you been howling at night?' At first he said nothing then quietly admitted to it 'I want Lavinia' he sounded like a five year old who wanted candy. I rolled my eyes at him "It seems Dra...my wolf really wants a mate, he is getting restless is all." I almost said his name out loud Lincoln tilted his head sideways "Dra? Did you finally name your wolf?" Sighing I nodded even though it was a lie being alpha I could control my heartbeat keeping it steady so he couldn't tell "Yes I named him Drake, on our time together looking for our mate we bonded and I named him." I could see Lincoln approved, we sat in silence a minute then he spoke again "It is probably a good idea to visit her again maybe she will have a different vision this time." The tone of his voice held something back as he spoke but I brushed it off for now.

I nodded in agreement, getting up from my desk I walked him out "I'll talk to her now ok she is likely having lunch so Its the perfect time." I left him at the training area to oversea our knew fighters and headed for the small cottage behind the pack house. Before reaching her door I felt a crippling pain in my heart, my head throbbed and ached with Drake howling in my head 'Lavinia! She has been intimate with another! WE MUST FIND HER AND KILL WHOEVER TOUCHED WHAT IS OURS!" The pain lasted for a solid twenty minutes thankfully I was far enough from the training grounds none of the pack members saw me writhing in pain on the ground.

When the pain abruptly stopped I could finally take a breath in, drake was whimpering in my head 'Why...? Why did she lay with a man..?' He whined. I stood up and thought about it sure the pain was bad but if she had laid with a man completely it would have shattered the bond entirely, I could still feel the frail bond between us. 'She didn't, not completely she could have been taken advantage of and fought them off.' Drake perked up at the thought of our mate fighting off some pervert 'plus its not like we have any real claim to her we never marked her nor does she know we are mates' he growled but didn't say anything further. I knocked on the door of the oracle and she answered at the third knock "Good to see you alpha, come for company or vision?"

 I knocked on the door of the oracle and she answered at the third knock "Good to see you alpha, come for company or vision?"

I sighed as she let me in "you know why I'm here Cassandra. You are the only witch i know with the seeing ability limited as it may be can you check on my mate?" She smiled brightly "So you did find her, and you're ok with the whole situation with the vampire?" My heart sank at her words "Vampire? What vampire?" She widened her eyes in shock "uhh nothing never mind want some tea alpha?" I quickly grabbed her arm before she walked away, using my alpha command on her "Tell me now!" She visibly winced as the command took hold "she has more than one mate, there are two others destined to be hers."