the arcadia in his eyes

fresh clementines, sweet balsamic undertones, a mix of petrichor and dried rose petals is what you smell like, i imagine you do cause that is all i can ever do

it was a moonlit night when they sang praises of you, the divinity in your nectar dripping orbs, how filling was the timbre of your dulcet voice to their lovesick ears that made my lovelorn heart tremble with raw jealousy and fear. a bubble of hate rose within me but how could i ever let it ablaze for you were never mine to begin with.

i had seen you a few times from afar, almond skin basking in apricot sun that i had painted my dreams with every single night. your irises although, as dark as the ace of spades had a twinkling flicker in them. it reminded me of the shimmering city lights and i was glad i had never seen you up close for they would slow burn me to bones, the two racing comets in your eyes.

you were always surrounded with their plump lips, freckled cherry cheeks, waists so slender than mine. i vomited cosmos, ate half a slice, went for evening runs and yet I wasn't even half as pretty as the lover girls, maybe that's why you never threw me a look.

not a blissful lingering touch, not a sugar coated lie, an ephemeral glance was all I ever begged for.

𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁

Hey muffins, I hope y'all liked the first chatpter. This is the first time I've tried writing a freestyle poetry, and I'd really like your feedback on my work.

Furthermore, if you want me to describe any line or stanza in detail, comment your thoughts below and I shall reply at the earliest.