Chapter 40

--- NOTE ---

First of all, I sincerely apologise for not updating sooner, I have been busy with school and being a bit more healthy because of my lack of sleep and vitamine. I can't promise when the next update will be but I hope that it won't take as long as this one did! Yet again sorry for the wait and enjoy this chapter! :) hope you like it

----------------

* LILY'S POV *

"Welcome back" I heard an unfamiliar voice say. My eyes focussed to the bright light and saw a doctor standing next to my bed. How did I end up here?

"A few days ago you went into shock, we still don't know what exactly happened but the good news is that you're fine and when you feel like going home, you can"

"Alright" I just said. I saw Thomas asleep on a chair and mom was nowhere to be found, nor were my friends. The doctor walked out the room again.

"Thomas" I said repeatedly, he finally woke up.

"Finally!" He exclaimed when he saw me. He laid down in the bed next to me and handed me my phone.

"Thank you" I said and smiled.

"One thing though, all your friends send you messages except for one" damn it Thomas

"Jack" I just said.

"What happened?"

"Well back in Omaha, his girlfriend called me that she wanted to break up with him so I went to the park where she was and it was better for both of them if they broke up because she couldn't handle the hate and another thingy so I had to tell Jack. I did and then he blamed me for ruining their relationship and things got out of hand, then I met Robert in the cafe and then Will came so yeah."

"That Jack guy isn't good for you alright, try to forget him" he said and hugged me.

"It's gonna be hard but I will eventually"

"Do you want to watch a movie?"

"I'm more in the mood to binge watch a tv show"

"What about ... Friends?"

"Perfect!"

We ended up watching almost a whole season before mom entered the room.

"How are you feeling Lily?"

"Great actually!"

"That's amazing" she said and smiled. "Oh Aaron called me, he asked where you were"

"What did you say?"

"Oh I said you will call him back later"

"alright thanks!"

After another episode, the doctor walked in with the news I could leave the hospital. The results from the tests were back and they all turned out okay.

We got all of our stuff and went home, finally. I dropped myself on my bed and immediately dozed off.

*********
I awoke the next day with a huge smile on my face. I had no clue what I dreamed of or why I was smiling, it just felt like an amazing day. I got out of bed, took a nice long hot shower and got dressed. It was a bit cold outside so I put on jeans, a gray shirt and a dark blue and green flannel (see picture).

I decided to curl my hair and put on some make-up. I grabbed my phone and walked downstairs. I put on some music and the song Distance by Jack and Jack came on. I immediately skipped it and the song The Suburbs by Arcade Fire came on. That's my jam gurl.

I baked some pancakes, made fresh orange juice and a bowl with yoghurt and various fruits. Thomas and mom were still sleeping but I decided to wake them up so we could go out today. I brought them their breakfast and they both liked the idea.

"We can go on this super nice walk in the woods this afternoon and in the evening out for dinner" Thomas said.

We finished our food and chatted some more and got ready for the day. I checked my wardrobe for a dress that I could wear tonight. I found my black laced dress and as I turned it around to put it back in my closet, I discovered the huge hole in it, and no it wasn't part of the dress. I looked at my other dress, a blue one, I tried it on but it didn't fit anymore. Well crap.

"Mom, I'm going to the mall alright?"

"Alright! But be back in two hours!"

I grabbed my bag and put my phone and wallet in it, I put on my coat and got in our old tuck that we recently bought. Thomas had offered to buy a better car but I really liked this one because people could sit in the back, like the one Patrick has in The Perks Of Being A Wallflower ;) .

As I entered the mall, I saw a few girls that seemed to recognize me because their eyes grew wide.

"I'm such a big fan! Can I take a picture with you? By the way, you're looking more gorgeous than ever!" One of the girls exclaimed.

"Thank you!" I said and hugged her. "Of course we can take a picture! As many as you like! Until we're both content with the result okay?"

Her smile grew wider and she happily nodded. Cutie.

We took some photo's on her phone, also on mine. I took pictures with all of the fans and followed them on twitter. I tweeted some of the pictures and got already replies how cute I was with my fans. This took an hour and I had one hour left to find a dress. Let's go.

*******

I had to go back home in ten minutes and I still hadn't found a nice dress. As I walked back towards my car, I saw the cutest dress ever. I rushed into the store and tried on the dress (2nd picture). I immediately purchased it and drove back home with a good feeling. At home I changed my new shoes into my old dirty All Stars.

"Lily! Hurry up! We're about to leave!"

"Alright I'm coming!" I said as I put on the last shoe and ran down the stairs. "I'm ready!"

"Finally!" Thomas groaned.

"Oh shut your mouth baby face" I said as I playfully pushed him.

"Watch your back missy" he said and ran towards the car.

I got outside and saw a familiar face.

"Lily!"