Part 12

2022, August 5th

"Who are you?" Sireno had woken up to see Aerlic holding a food tray for him, a face he could not remember. And it killed Aerlic, this was the first time he forgot who he was. He knew this would take a while to remember for him, or it never would come back.

"Im Aerlic Montgomery, your best friend." he sat in the adjacent chair to the king. Setting the food on top of his nightstand he continues to explain. "You have Dementia, do you remember anything important about yourself or where you are?"

"I remember my name, im Sireno Feo," his voice trailed off as his face became one of confusion. His hands began to fidget and Aerlic took hold of them, preparing to gain a negative reaction. The younger accepts the movement knowing something familiar about it, not able to remember what it was yet.

"Sireno Feofing, King of Mentra." the other finishes his sentence. It crushed him, he could remember everything, but the love of his life still looked at him like he was a stranger. "I'm assuming that means you have no recollection of our adventure? To restore your memory and stop you from losing them again?" the younger nods in response trying to piece together the story being played in front of him.

"Aerlic, Sireno, your horse is ready.'' Joe appears in the door frame with a stache and map in hand for the two boys.

"Horse? Only one?" Sireno pipes up, finally confused as to why he and this stanger who says he is his friend have to use the same horse.

"Weight issues, two horses could lead to you running off and getting hurt, or two much weight for the uncertain parts of land." Joe adjusts himself as he approaches the two, seeing how their faces were of different emotions he sighed, sitting down next to the boy. "I'm Joe, your personal Butler, and friend."

"And he is my friend right?" Sireno looks at the older man, trusting him more than the frowning and relatively fearsome scar covered man in black next to him.

"Yes, you have known each other for ages, and he will help you remember things, now put this on after you get dressed. It will help later on." he hands Sireno the bottle necklace, nodding towards Aerlic to follow him to give the smaller man room to change. Aerlic obliged.

"The serum worked, sir, he won't remember Aerlic ever again. Now's your time." the stranger places the phone onto the speaker.

"Good, now to show Sireno was a monster Aerlic truly is." a gravelly voice responded.