Chapter 1

The noise of his shoes contrasted to the deadly silent corridor he was in. Click, clack. He keeps walking until he finds the main office. Maybe if he used the main entrance he would have found it quicker, but hindsight has never helped anyone.

The woman, who looked like she'd rather be anywhere else, gave him the essentials; his schedule, his dorm key, a booklet telling him everything he needs to know.

She pointed in the general direction of the junior dorm rooms. He walked along the corridor, quickly getting lost thanks to the receptionist's useless directions.

Following the occasional sign, and looking at room number after room number, he found dorm 227, his dorm.

"That not how it works."

"Oh, apologies Einstein, why don't you show me then oh mighty one."

"You're a pain in my ass."

"I'd gladly be the pain in your ass."

"Vázquez!"

He frowned, his nerves growing stronger. He had never told his parents when he left, but he was terrified to share a dorm room with other people, all he wanted was for them to be nice, but he figured he'd hoped for too much.

A knock on the door stopped the bickering from inside. The dorm door swung open and he saw a boy with a mess of blond hair staring at him, smiling.

"Hey, are they being too loud?" The boy asked, smiling apologetically.

"Um... no? I'm new here, I was told this was my dorm room?"

"Oh, of course! Come in." The blond body said, looking like he was going to grab his hand, but stopped himself and opened the door to let him in. "Guys, the new kids here."

He looked around the room, seeing nine boys in the one room, and he felt his panic rise. Surely they couldn't all be his dorm mates? From what he could see there was only five beds.

"Don't worry, we aren't all your roommates, five of us live in another dorm." One of the boys said. He looked over at him, seeing that he was a short person with gelled down black hair.

"Yeah, you're rooming with Xavier, Kurt and Nick." The blond boy said.

"Jeff, he's not going to know who the hell they are." Someone said. He looked over at the person who spoke, and saw they were tall with brown hair and bright green eyes. He noticed the accent when he spoke, and assumed it was French.

"Oh." The blond boy, who he now knew was called Jeff, said. "We'll then, that's Xavier, that's Kurt, and that's Nick. The rest of us are in dorm 223, I'm Jeff, that's David, that's Wes, that's Blaine and lastly that's Sebastian."

He looked at each person as Jeff pointed at them and said their name, trying to commit every name and face to memory.

"Jeff, calm down for a minute, you're overwhelming him." A boy with slightly long black hair, and very skinny said- no, his name is Nick, putting a hand on Jeff's upper arm. Jeff smiled shyly at him, and stopped talking.

"You can take either of those two beds." Kurt said, pointing to the two beds in the corner of the room. He looked at the two beds, not knowing which one to pick. One was closer to a bed that was occupied by one of his roommates, so if he picked that one then he would be seen as sociable and maybe it would make them more likely to be his friend, but he could also be seen as too eager and like a weirdo.

The other bed was in the corner, leaving an empty bed between him and the rest of his roommates. If he picked that one, he would be seen and wanting to respect their privacy, but he could also be seen as antisocial and that he hates all of them.

"Here, take this bed." Wes (who looked too put together to be a teenage boy) said, patting the bed that was next to a bed already claimed by one of the other guys, leaving the bed in the corner empty.

He nodded, walking over to the bed and resting his suitcase next to it, deciding he'd unpack later when the room was less crowded.

"Dinners soon." Someone said, but he didn't catch who it was, not able to connect voices to faces yet. "We might as well head down now, we all know how long it takes for us to get down there."

"That's because you and Sebastian started arguing and we had to hold you two back from each other." Wes, who he actually saw talk, said, rolling his eyes.

"You want to come with? The more the merrier." Jeff asked, looking at him and smiling.

"Sure." He said, standing up and walking with the rest of them out of the room.

"Wait, what's your name?" Blaine asked, frowning when he realised that everyone forgot to ask him his name.

"Thad. Thad Harwood."