Chapter 7

Kenma Kozume

"Court A is finished. Fukurodani and Itachiyama won back there." Kuroo said as we regrouped.

We won all of our matches today and will be battling Fukurodani tomorrow, I watched Itachiyama's game and still haven't seen Chiyo.

"Court B has a game still going on."

"The girls team?" Yaku-san asked.

"Yeah. Fukurodani's team met a challenger finally, seems like Itachiyama's girls team are suddenly strong. Chiyo-san is there by the way Kenma-san." Lev said making me turn at him wide eyed. "She's playing for the team. Half the team's points are probably from her."

Without a second though, I ran to the court B even though its tiring, but if I didn't,  I might not see her play. Its the third and final set, Fukurodani and Itachiyama are in a deuce at...

"32-31?" Kuroo said in disbelief. "Wasn't Itachiyama's girls team usually eliminited at first games?"

"Apparently, but now they're going head on with the reigning girls champions!" Yaku-san exclaimed as we watched from the bleachers.

"BAAMMMM! Sakusa scores another quick for the Itachiyama!"

I felt a blood rush seeing Chiyo and the setter pull off a quick despite the low receive. She was panting heavily as if she's been playing continously, which she probably have. Now they're tied and... Chiyo's serving.

"Oohhh, what type of serve could chibi-chan do?" Kuroo let out an amused chuckle as Chiyo dribbled the ball thrice before spinning in with her hands.

"Good serve Chiyo baby!" The energetic setter cheered, then the whistle blew.

"Floating spike serve." I muttered with lips slightly parted.

"With a lot of spin to it." Kuroo added looking at me with a grin.

"Service winner." 32-34, Chiyo ended the match abruptly with her consecutive service aces.

"Itachiyama Institute wins!"

"Thank you!"

"Chiyoooooo!" The lively setter called as the team walked past us. "Come on! I gotta find you some good fella! You need to live and love my baby!"

"Ayura-san, if you're talking about finding me a suitor the--"

"Exactly, let's go! I know some guys from Nohebi that are dying to meet you!"

"Thank you Ayura-san but I'll meet up with the boy's team, Kiyoomi wi--" I froze as our eyes met, Chiyo looked at me like she was questioning my existence. "Kenma-san, Kuroo-san... Lev."

"Eh? Who's Kenma among you?" The brown haired girl asked leaning over the railings that separated us.

I avoided looking at Chiyo for too long, its the first time I saw her in a fitted uniform with extremely short volleyball bottoms, she was the type to wear loose clothing. Her body looks good thou--

"Kenma-san." Lev pointed at me with an innocent look and the girl looked at me with wide eyes before looking back at Chiyo.

"He's the one you'd been looking for since we got her--"

"Alright that's enough." Chiyo hastily cutted the setter off before dragging her away with a flustered face.

"Chiyo." I called solemnly and the new ace stopped in her paths abruptly. "Can we talk later?"

"Sure." She muttered in a low voice before resuming to pull her setter away.

"Oy Kenma, you're blushing."