Chapter Twenty Six - No Secrets

Hashini pulled her legs up, placing it under her body making herself look like a small ball. It was a fine Sunday morning where no sounds were issued. She was enjoying herself listening to the birds' chirrup as the warm glow of sunshine fell through the lacy curtains onto the hallway of her home. Her small home which she had rented as it had been convenient for her to walk from her home to her office which is situated just two lanes away, had a pinkish stream of light falling across the middle. Hashini increased the volume of the radio which played a beautiful melody. She was humming to the music forgetting herself when a sudden whoosh of a vehicle startled her.

Hashini lifted her head up from the comfortable position and turned her head towards the sound. Only silence reached her ears as she thought that some vehicle must have been gone on an early morning ride. Hashini started to hum to the music again when she heard some footsteps followed by the unmistakable sound of her doorbell ringing.

Hashini groaned. She had been busy all week and had hoped to enjoy the weekend for herself without not having to worry about anyone or anything else when suddenly she had a visitor. It was not that she hated having visitors, it was that she did not expect visitors to come early in the morning as she thought that early morning visitors were never too soon to leave her alone again. Hashini dragged her feet doubting with herself whether or not to open the door for the visitors hoping that if she was late the visitors might think that the house was deserted and they would leave her alone. But bringing unfortunate for herself, Hashini pulled the latch of the door, opening it to the visitors. Suddenly she was engulfed in a bear like hug as Hashini felt her breath knock out of her chest.

"Hashiii!!!"

Hashini smiled as she recognized the strong embrace and the voice. It was none other than her best friend Naveesha. Hashini felt embarrassed of herself because she had not known that there was only one person in this whole wide world who would disturb her pleasant morning and that one person was Naveesha Sewwandi.

"Hey darling," Hashini called as Naveesha finally let go of her and Hashini was able to see her face. For the first time Hashini noticed that she was not alone as her eyes roamed over the handsome young man who was standing behind her friend. His unmistakable dark chocolate eyes, thin red lips, long sharp nose and the small round face with his tall lean body and the most stylish and the perfect sense of attire with the fairest of the fairest skin made her recognize the boy in a glance even though she had not met him before, thanks to Naveesha's uncanny ability of describing anything or anyone of exactly how they were and how they looked like.

"You must be Hashith," Hashini said smiling at him welcoming him inside her home as Naveesha had already gone inside ignoring both her boyfriend and best friend.

"Yeah I am," he said his hand automatically moving towards his perfectly gelled hair. He adjusted his straightly standing hair so that it shone in the morning sun light. Hashini bit back her laughter not wanting to him to think that she was laughing at him. But his actions which had erupted butterflies inside Naveesha's stomach had been comical to her. She could perfectly see why has her friend fallen to him.

"Do come in," Hashini said moving aside letting him come inside. Hashini walked to the sofa and gave Naveesha a cross eyed expression as she was leaning on the sofa her legs hanging down. Hashini sat beside her as Naveesha sat up crossly. Hashith laughed heartily looking at his girlfriend acting like a baby with her best friend.

"How are you Hashini?" Naveesha asked sitting straight and crossing her legs. She looked as though she was the CEO of a leading company.

"I am doing alright, what about you?" Hashini asked as Naveesha nodded. "So, why did you remember me suddenly?" she added.