Chapter Thirty Nine - Mistakes

Uvindu was immersed in his thoughts. He was wondering about the conversation he had with Thenushi before three weeks. The administration in his office had been changed and he did not appreciate their method of working. So, he had discussed with Thenushi as he had a thought for himself to start his own private firm. But the problem had been that time had not been in favor with him. So even though he had not agreed with his heart, he had to go to work in his company. He was yet trying to sort out the issues and it had been harder for him to continue working under the arrogant CEO.

Uvindu sat straight on his chair as Akash too joined him in the living room. He smiled at his father-in-law. It had been a week since he had come to live with his eldest daughter and even though there had not been any discussions regarding his sudden act of going to the elders' home, both he and Uvindu knew that Thenushi was remaining silent because the anger had not yet subsided inside her.

"Putha," Akash said as Uvindu looked at him. "Am I interrupting your thoughts?" he asked.

"No no thaththa," Uvindu smoothed his hair. "I was just thinking about some work," he explained.

"Oh," Akash nodded. "Is there any problem in the company?" he asked after a long pause.

Uvindu sighed. "Not really thaththa," he replied as he wondered whether to share the problem with him and worry him also or to remain silent. He looked at him.

Akash had remained silent looking at him for further information. He could see the creases on Uvindu's forehead and had thought that him sharing the problem with him would in the least reduce the weight on his shoulders.

Uvindu sighed again. "I don't know what to do thaththa. I don't like the new administration in my company and I had thought of starting my own firm," he looked at his knotted fingers. "But," he stopped.

"But," Akash repeated waiting for him to continue.

"But," Uvindu started again. "I don't have a good place to do that. Or a good property. I have been trying hard to buy one but all of them are either too expensive or they were not in a good place to start a company," he looked at Akash. He was deep in a thought wondering about what Uvindu had said and thinking whether there was anything that he could do to help him.

"That's why." Uvindu finished. Akash looked at him.

"Don't worry putha, every problem has a solution and you will find your one soon," he stood patting him on the shoulder. Uvindu looked up at him and smiled thanking him wordlessly. Sharing his problem had indeed eased his mind.

* * *

Naveesha and Hashith were waiting in the airport. After selling the house to the real estate agent, they had sufficient amount of money to buy two tickets for them. Naveesha had been more than pleased when her father had forgiven her and had helped her at her crucial situation. She had no idea what would have happened to her when she had not received the money. They had lost all hopes after they had lost their company and home on the same evening. They had no idea of how to get over the situation and how to live without a cent in their hands. But as days had passed, they had decided that going back to their own country, to the place where everything had started will at least give them an idea of how to move on. They had people whom they were familiar with, who were there to support them even when they had nothing more to lose.

Naveesha looked at Hashith. He had lost the smile on his face on the day his father had been arrested by the police. Even though he had been a famous business man, neither his reputation nor his cunning lawyers were able to bail him out. He had to face the consequences for what he had done.

* * *

Naveesha's mind was as though it was stuck in a whirlwind. She had thought of going to her sister and amend the mistakes she had done. She knew that what she had done was unforgivable, but she no longer wanted to be cross with her. She knew that even though Thenushi had never been her own sister, she had treated Naveesha as though she was her own younger sister. So, there was a small thought in the corner of her mind thinking that she will be able to reunite with her sister.