Chapter 4 A Demon General

Y/N's POV

Kazuma: All right... Create Water! Well, that's about what I'd expect from elementary magic. Now that I've learned a skill, maybe I'm a bit more of an adventurer.

Y/N: Nice.

Kazuma: 'Surprised' Y-You can talk?!?

Y/N: It's a prototype voice I made. I'm still working on the official one. This is the closest I could get to actually speaking. Why I sound like this is unknown. I'm trying to figure out who did that. On the other hand I can make people think I'm a girl.

Kazuma: You still plan on doing that?

Y/N: Yeah. I met two people that wanted join our Party. Their names are Monika and Compa.

Kazuma: Wait, wait, wait. The President of the Literature Club and a Nurse from two games joined our party?!?

Y/N: Yeah. You can probably guess why?

Kazuma: Is it because the Club President is from another world while the nurse is actually from this world?

Y/N: Yes and that's exactly what I was thinking.

Kazuma: Oh I've been meaning to ask. How's the official voice coming along?

Y/N: It's going slow but I'll get there. I plan to just use Ophis voice for the official voice. I would rather not use the current one unless something goes wrong. Plus I can somewhat sing with the prototype.

Kazuma: Sweet.

Darkness: Kazuma! Look! I repaired my armor with the reward I got for the cabbages, and it's so shiny now! What do you think?

Kazuma: Looks like the sort of armor some newly-rich aristocrat's son would wear.

Darkness: There are times when I'd like some genuine praise, too. You never show any mercy, do you, Kazuma?

Kazuma: I don't have time to pay attention to you right now. Do something about that pervert who's well on her way to surpassing you.

Megumin: Irresistible. Irresistible! The luster of this Manatite staff brimming with magical power...

Aqua: What was that?! Hey, you, what's the meaning of this?! Just how many cabbages do you think I caught?!

Luna: W-Well...

Aqua: What?

Luna: Most of what you caught is actually lettuce...

Aqua: Why is there lettuce mixed in?!

Luna: Th-There's nothing I can do about it!

Darkness: It is true that lettuce has
a low redemption rate.

Aqua: I went through a lot of trouble, so do something!

Kazuma: Is it? I wouldn't know. Oh, she's coming this way. This isn't good.

Aqua: Kazuma-san! About how much was your reward from our last quest?

Kazuma: About a million. Yes. Thanks to the quest that was sprung on us out of the blue, I suddenly obtained a small fortune.

Y/N: You know what they say? Work hard enough and eventually it'll pay off. Fair work for fair pay.

Darkness, Aqua and Megumin: You can speak?!?

Y/N: A little work here and there I finally made something to help with speaking. I made a voice but this is still in early stages I'll be busy working on the official one so I can speak more clearly and most importantly permanently. Also... a million?