THREE

Tris's POV

Last night was the first night I slept in the same bed with a man. Tobias and I layed next to each other while we slept in his four-poster bed. When I awoke, I was entangled in his arms. I must have rolled over in my sleep into his arms. Still asleep, I tried my best to wiggle free from his grip. It ended up waking him. "Good morning." He groaned. "Morning." It isn't even 10 a.m. and I'm already blushing with embarrassment. "What's wrong?" He asked. "I've never slept next to someone before, let alone a man, and I was in your arms..." I get frazzled.

"Hey, it's okay. I can go back to the floor if you want me to."

"No, no, it's not that... It's different. It's new. I didn't say I didn't like it though. I kind of liked the feeling of being in your strong arms," I say, reaching up and placing a hand on his bicep. "Yeah? Well, what if we stayed in bed all day? Just the two of us." Tobias planted a kiss on my cheek. "I have to pick my job today, and get an apartment."

"Yeah, but that's just one thing, that will take 5 minutes, tops. Stay in bed with me," Tobias kissed my neck. "I also wanted to get a tattoo, get some stuff for my new apartment;" I began to melt under Tobias's touch. "What if you brought the stuff here. Kept some of your stuff here, keep all of your stuff here. And you will have a key, and some of my closet space. And we slept in the same bed every night. I want you here all the time, as soon as possible."

I feel overwhelmed. "What if we... Learn to walk before we run. This is a lot, we've barely been dating, and now you want me to live with you? It's a big jump."

"It was a big jump to let you in my head too; that was me running before walking, and you said you weren't afraid. So why are you afraid now?" He asks, a kind look on his face. "It just seems like a lot right away..." I said, taking a step back. "Okay, well, then at least get the apartment to the right of mine. It's vacant."

I nodded. "Okay. I have to get to the thing," I backed out of his apartment, and looked at the apartment number. "1045. Got it."

In the Pit, Eric and Max stand next to a board with a list of jobs and vacant apartments. A couple of the other initiates who passed training are there. It isn't everyone though. "Welcome, Tris. Once everyone is here, we'll let you guys choose your jobs and apartments. We're just missing Uriah, Lynn, and Marlene, and Peter." Eric says. I nodded. Christina and Will walk up to me. "Hey! How was last night?" Christina asks. "It was fine. Why?"

"Did you and Four... you know...? Have fun?" She winks. I sigh. "We slept in the same bed with clothes on, so fun." I mumble. "Anything else?"

"Why does it concern you? And uh, no. We kissed, and held each other, and slept in the same bed." I picked at my nails. "We're just curious, Tris." Will said. "Alright." Uriah and Marlene walk up to the group. "Hey!" Uriah said. "Hey! Do you know which job you want?" I ask. "I was thinking a leader position of some sort. What about you?"

"I wanna train transfer initiates with Four, and maybe something else. I don't really know what else I like to do. I've never had a hobby before."

"Right, I forgot you left the most oppressed faction in all of Chicago. You must have been bored out of your mind, no wonder you left." Marlene joked. "Yup, it was the food, and boredom." I shoved Uriah and Marlene. Lynn and Peter finally showed up. "Finally, let's get started. Tris, you get first pick."

I write my name on the board next to apartment #1045. "Okay. And a job?"

"I don't really know what to pick besides transfer initiate instructor alongside Four. I don't know what I like to do." Max nodded in understanding. "Well, I'll give you a week on your final decision."

"Thanks." I write that I want to be a transfer initiate instructor, and other next to my name on the board. "Alright, Uriah. come on up." Uriah picked apartment #1038, and Dauntless ambassador as his job. Not surprisingly, Will and Christina got an apartment together. I didn't bother paying attention after that. Tobias came out to see me after the whole thing. "Hey. Did you get the key?"

I nodded, showing him the shiny, newly cut golden key. "I'm happy for you." He gave me a kiss on the cheek. "Thanks. I should um, get my stuff from the dorms, and get some stuff from the store to put in my apartment."

"Do you want me to come with you?" He asked. "Sure." We walk to the initiate dormitory and think about the memories I had in this room. The good, the bad, the ugly, and the naked. "What is it?"

"Memories. That's it."