FIVE

Tris's POV

"Just you touching it feels amazing." He says, pulling me in for a kiss. As we kiss, I stroke his cock.

"Stop." Tobias says. "Did I do something wrong?" A frown tugs onto my face. "No. I don't want to make a mess. Give me a minute." He goes into my bathroom and... finishes... "You did good. Big step in getting over your fear." He praises as he walks back out, buckling his pants back up. "Is it selfish of me to want you to touch me back?"

"No. Where do you want me to touch you?" He asks. "Maybe not right now. Later." I take a deep breath. "Leadership shadowing was interesting."

"Don't take the position." He immediately says. "If you do, you'll have to interact with... him. And I don't want him near you."

"But, I might get to see my family. And I don't know when or if I'll get that opportunity." I started picking at my nails. "Tris, I know you miss your family, but Dauntless is your family now. Me, Christina, Will, Uriah, Marlene, we're all you're family now."

I smile. "I know. Next they want me in the kitchen."

"Kitchen is good; you'll get to make the Dauntless cake. And sneak me a piece." He laughs, a deep guttural laugh. "I sure will."

There is a knock at the door.

I open the door to Christina. "Hey! We need to go shopping! We need to fill that closet space! And some furniture wouldn't hurt either." Christina grabs me by the hand and drags me to go shopping with her. "Don't worry, Four, she will be back soon." Chris yells.

I got a ton of credits for ranking first. Hard work does have its rewards.

I get a bunch of shirts, with varying levels of exposure; same with pants and undergarments. The undergarments Christina made me buy. I got some basic furniture for my apartment, like trampoline chairs and a coffee table, and some bedding, since mine didn't have any, just a mattress.

The next day

At 9:30 I go down to the kitchen, and introduce myself to the cooks.

"Hi! It's very nice to meet you, Tris. I'm Emily, I'm the head baker, and I oversee the cooking. Today we are making bread. It's my favorite thing to do." She shows me how to make the dough, and kneed it. Kneeding dough feels really cool, actually. It's soft, squishy, sticky. But as I work it, it becomes more elastic and stretchy, and not as sticky.

"This is actually really fun!" I say. "Now what?"

"Now, we let it rise. The yeast we put in there will create gas, and little bubbles, making the dough double in size. Then we put it in the loaf pans, and bake it."

"Were you an Erudite transfer?" I ask. "Yes. Yes I was. I came in 7th four years ago, so I've seen my fair share of initiates. Only two from Abnegation. You, and one other person. I wonder about him sometimes. Where he went, because he either left, or died without finding the body." I know who she's talking about. Tobias. "Yeah; it's too bad I couldn't meet him." I lied.

"He seemed like a nice guy. Loved the cake." She said, starting to make the cake batter. "Sounds like my boyfriend. Four loves cake."

"Four is your boyfriend? No wonder he seems happier." She smirked. "What do you mean?" I ask. "I met him when he completed initiation, he's a really nice guy, always looks like he's in a bad mood though." She's got a point. "I know he does. But he is really nice. What is that?" She was putting some white stuff in the cake. "Sour cream. Makes the cake nice and moist."

I taste be batter. "It doesn't even taste sour!" Emily laughed. "Sour cream isn't sour like candy. It's sour like bad milk. But it isn't expired, it just tastes that way."

"I've had a very limited experience with candy." I tell her. "Oh. Well, you'll learn how to make salt water taffy here. We have many flavors we make." She tosses me a piece. It's wrapped in wax paper, and red in color. "It tastes like cherry medicine..." I cringe. "Yeah, cherry flavored stuff doesn't appeal to everyone."

Once the cake is finished baking, and it's cooled off enough, we put the chocolate ganache on it. "Mind if I take two pieces?" I ask. "Of course." I cut an average piece for me, and a slightly bigger piece for Tobias. I walk with the cake and two forks in my pocket to his apartment. I balance a plate on my arm as I knock on his door.

When he answers, he smiles when he sees me, but smiles bigger when he sees that I have cake. "My two favorite things. My girl, and cake." He takes the piece intended for him, and let's me in.

"I love you." He says. I stop and look at him. "What?" I ask, mid-chew on a bite of cake. "I've been wanting to say it for a while. I love you, Tris."

I pause. Do I love him? "I... feel a deep affection for you as well, Tobias."