Chapter 4 : Best friends!

When school finally finished me and Isaac started walking home. Then I noticed we were going a different way.

"Isaac where are we going?" I asked. "The park" he said. "The park?" I asked conferring what he said. "Yeah come on" he said pulling my arm.

When we got there it was empty. "Dibs on a swing!" I shouting running to them and sat on it. "Darn it!" Isaac said looking disappointed.

"Stop being a baby and sit on the other one" I said and he ran over to it. We put our bags to the side and I looked ahead.

The sun was beaming down on the park. It was reflecting off the lake in front of us.

"It's so beautiful up here" I said. Then I heard Isaac mumble something. "What was that?" I asked not hearing it. "Oh I said, I know it is" he smiled at me.

Then silence broke between us for at least 5 minutes.

"Hey Ash, can I ask you something?" Isaac said breaking the silence. "Yeah sure" I said. "Will you, um, you know, um, be my best friend?" Isaac asked smiling at me then looking to the ground.

"Yeah of course Isaac" I said smiling. Best friend? I haven't had one of them. Megan didn't really count, we hardly talked.

Then Isaac's hand reached out for mine and he held it. I stared ahead watching the sunset.

Isaac's POV

"It's so beautiful up here" Ashley said. "But not as beautiful as you" I mumbled to myself. "What was that?" She asked, luckily not hearing it.

"Oh I said" I started saying. I can't tell her! I need to make something up. "I know it is" I lied.

I didn't want to make things awkward between us as she's just moved her and she needs some friends.

"Hey Ash, can I ask you something?" I said breaking the silence after 5 minutes. "Yeah sure" she replied.

"Will you, um, you know, um, be my best friend?" I asked smiling at her then looking to the ground. I felt my cheeks warming up.

I wanted to ask her if she'd be my girlfriend but best friend is fine, for now anyway.

"Yeah of course Isaac" she answered. Thank god she does. My smile grew and I reached out for her hand and held it.

We stared ahead watching the sunset.

Hey guys! 2 updates in 1 day! OMG! The feels in this chapter though. Isaac likes Ashley! I just thought this would be a cute little update for you cuties. Byeeee xx